Hacker Backpack

odz2win

Hi everyone, I wanted to see what everyone kept in their Backpack. Tools, utilities, software ect.

Here is a rundown of mine:

Laptop (obviously)

PC Repair kit (Few Screw Drivers & things)

Networking kit (Cable Tester, Wire stripper, Crimper, Caps, you get the idea)

Few extra ethernet cables

Patch over cable adapter

extra NICs

WIFI Locator

Couple of USB cables

Beige box

Extra long phone cord

Ultimate Boot CD for Windows

BT4

extra cdr's

I think that's everything, so what do you have?

Amongst other things I've got a SANS mouse map that has the structure of IP, UDP and ICMP packets on it. Don't know why it is in there because I haven't got a mouse for the laptop but it is.

Laptop and my normal shit like wireless cards, dect cards, bluetooth dongles, antennas 5GHz and 2.4GHz. I now use more compact directional patch antennas, N810, IC-E90, IC-E92ED for dstar, Yaesu FT-897D, selection of antennas and wire for other frequencies, Tektronix H600 10 kHz to 6.2 GHz spectrum analyzer, TNC, Garman GPS unit, Nikon D90 with a 18mm-200mm lens also a 10mm-20mm lens, SB900, remote shutter release, mono pod, Nikon GPS unit, AR8200MK3, and so on

There are pictures and I've talked about my kit in other posts.

My hp mini note

bt3 usb version

kon-boot (if needed)

sometinig i never leave home is the isp provider for ireland eircom they leaked out a wpa psk wireless broadband decryptor (access to the internet from one side of the country to another)

3 usb drives *8GB 2GB 1GB(backtrack3)

ethernet cabel

portable hard drive 120GB

and a secure connection to my home computer .....

i am in the design stage for a solar backpack than can charge ur laptop battery on the go as well as any li-on battery pack i can fit in the pack

that will be able to charge off a female 12volt dc addapter (ciggarette lighter)

so if any one has any ideas on the whole siatuation with battery over charge and a web page for top quallity li-on batterys

sometinig i never leave home is the isp provider for ireland eircom they leaked out a wpa psk wireless broadband decryptor (access to the internet from one side of the country to another)

Ah cool another irish person on these boards. wpa psk? You mean the cracker for the basic eircom wep keys? If there is a 2nd one I would love to get my hands on it

lappie

backtrack3 cd

Linux live disc

Ethernet cable

external hard drive 320GB

usb floppy drive (rare to use)

screw drivers

not completely sure if this is for hacking or for repairing pcs but similar things

Hi everyone, I wanted to see what everyone kept in their Backpack. Tools, utilities, software ect.

Here is a rundown of mine:

Laptop (obviously)

PC Repair kit (Few Screw Drivers & things)

Networking kit (Cable Tester, Wire stripper, Crimper, Caps, you get the idea)

Few extra ethernet cables

Patch over cable adapter

extra NICs

WIFI Locator

Couple of USB cables

Beige box

Extra long phone cord

Ultimate Boot CD for Windows

BT4

extra cdr's

I think that's everything, so what do you have?

I would add a usb switchblade into your kit for fast info retrieval

In the backpack:

EEE 701 running BT4

The Fon running jasager

USB memory sticks

Ipod Touch (for music and easy NMAP)

In the computer related tool box:

USB memory sticks

Ubuntu boot disk

Spinwrite Boot disk

Screw drivers

Screws

IDE/Sata/Molex Cables

Portal HDD

Glue/Epoxy

Plyers

Earthing ristban

Cable ties

VGA to DVI converter

In my backpack I have the following:

General Computer Stuff:

EEEpc 900 + charger,

SD Cards,

USB flash drives,

Cables (VGA, Network, USB 2 Serial, etc),

GP2X Wiz

Stuff Required as I cycle to work:

Water Proofs,

Puncture Repair Kit,

Spanners,

Allen Keys,

Screwdriver

Generic Stuff

paper,

pens,

pencil

Work Laptop

Client Laptop (only sometimes)

Legal Pad

Whiteboard

Miscellaneous Cables

BT3 LiveUSB

Knoppix LiveCD

I've been considering getting a netbook so I can bring a personal laptop around with me without taking up too much space but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

My hp mini note

bt3 usb version

kon-boot (if needed)

3 usb drives *8GB 2GB 1GB(backtrack3)

ethernet cabel

portable hard drive 120GB

and a secure connection to my home computer .....

i am in the design stage for a solar backpack than can charge ur laptop battery on the go as well as any li-on battery pack i can fit in the pack

that will be able to charge off a female 12volt dc addapter (ciggarette lighter)

so if any one has any ideas on the whole siatuation with battery over charge and a web page for top quallity li-on batterys

You can easily get a dc-ac inverter from online or radio shack. I have a 350 watt inverter but a laptop charger is only about 90 watts. So all you have to do is configure a solar panel array to give you 12v and then plug the laptop charger into the inverter.

The only problem you might have is to get a good solar panel. you can buy one or build your own depending on your needs/money.

good luck

In backpack:

Acer Aspire One DualBoot WinXP/Backtrack4 w/ EDGE/UMTS Modem

Work laptop Dell 650 XP

Fon with Jasager

Nokia 770

Bluetooth GPS Puck

USB Bluetooth hub

2 Edge/UMTS Modems

cat5 cables

Screw Drivers

Batterys

Linux Pocket guide

headphones

mouse

Pen and paper

usb cables

microSD to SD converter

1 extra CellPhone

• 4 months later...
..., IC-E90, IC-E92ED for dstar, Yaesu FT-897D, selection of antennas and wire for other frequencies, Tektronix H600 10 kHz to 6.2 GHz spectrum analyzer, TNC, ...

I know this is an old thread and all, but., you lug these along with you?

why not a FT 857, a mini buddipole and a vx8r with the GPS antenna for the APRS. Save yourself a few lbs in the process.

I know this is an old thread and all, but., you lug these along with you?

why not a FT 857, a mini buddipole and a vx8r with the GPS antenna for the APRS. Save yourself a few lbs in the process.

Well I like d-star and the club I belong to has a repeater, the Yaesu has a Yaesu FC 30 Automatic tuner bolted on to the side which is very useful and a good battery option for mobile use away from the car. The IC-E90 is modded to allow for a wider tx and very, very small so fits in my pocket, I almost use it like normal people use a mobile phone. None of that stuff is used for APRS, I have a kenwood with a built in TNC (Kenwood TM-D710E and AvMap Geosat 5 unit) in my car for that. The TNC I have tends to be used for radio BBS and other data/digital related things.

Most importantly I bought those bit by bit based on features and feed back from much older amateur radio people that have far more experience than me and I have learned a lot from. At the point of buying my last radio the VX8R was not on sale and was known to be buggy which was why it was held back. I know Kenwood have another HT coming out with a built in TNC so I'll most likly get that over a VX8R as I've heard some mixed feedback on it and Kenwood make a fine HT.

The nice thing about using wire as an antenna, is you find the closest/tallest tree, tape a tennis ball to the end and shoot it over the top with a potato cannon or throw it and you have a great mobile antenna. Also you can't beat an arrow antenna for hitting the international space station or a satellite when you are on the move.