Configuring IE Trusted Zones

Psionic Fungus

I've recently switched back to IE, and have really embraced the power behind Internet Explorer's trusted zone security settings.

Even if I am visiting a webpage that is in my trusted zone (i.e. Hak5.org) and there is an embedded webpage somewhere within the "trusted" site, IE automatically uses the restricted settings for the embedded one. Microsoft seems to have pulled this aspect off in a much more elegant manner than most of their products.

Anyway, I digress. I'm looking for a way to set up IE's Trusted Zones automatically, whether it be via a batch script or anything else for that matter, but can't find any information on it out there... Only on how to configure it manually (which is pretty self explanatory, anyway).

Does anybody know how to go about this via batch scripting (and if so example commands, etc)? Or a site I can be linked to that I've yet to come across?

Or is there another way to do this? If so, how?

Have you ever used Secuina PSI?

It's rather interesting. Of the browsers Firefox, Opera and IE 8, it constantly keeps letting me know that of these three browsers IE8 has an unpatched vulnerability. Almost ironic that of the three browsers I have installed, the one I can't remove is the one that has the known security problem.

Spybot's immunise feature will add a big list of domains to the untrusted zone. Trouble is, I feel this is the wrong way about doing things. I think all sites should be untrusted and then you explicit trust them (yay NoScript + CS Lite) if you need to and do trust them.

Nope, never used Secunia PSI. Just downloaded and am now scanning my system. I obviously have my IE locked completely down as it couldn't run initially as IE was blocking everything it tried to do.

I knew about SpyBots immunize feature. And I completely agree with you, everything should NOT be trusted, and should only be added to the trusted list on a case per case basis. And only if it is necessary for the site to function properly.

But I'm looking for a way to create a config file, or a batch file, or something, that'll make it incredibly easy to transfer my zones configurations to other computers.

Any pointers on that?

EDIT: Found GRC's "TrustPuppy" which isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but much closer than manually configuring everything. However.... Can't seem to reach the download page. Four-Oh-Four