(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

1.1.0.0 was the one with errors, DL'd a couple of days ago. In turbo, 10 songs would be ripped and then the whole show would stop with errors accumulating. No songs 'playing.'

April 29 still t-rippin'.

Did pandora show songs playing? Also, is april 29 PS1 or?

Hmm, oddly enough, i just got the same error on my testing account. I'll try it on the other one now. I'm starting to wonder if turbo mode is too fast... i know ps1 was a bit slower due to how it worked. (waited for the song to be downloaded + 5 seconds for pandora to play).

And on the pandora one account it's barreling blissfully along. Hmm.

Actually, here's a thought.... might be the server is checking for time. 10-12 songs would end up to be around an hour in length.

Did pandora show songs playing? Also, is april 29 PS1 or?

Yes, P showed songs playing.. and yes, 4.29 was PS1, I am almost certain. Will verify in the AM.

might be the server is checking for time. 10-12 songs would end up to be around an hour in length.

Is an hour a magical time period after which P looks for activity? And after which the server spews stuff to muck up the works? Sounds good to the peanut gallery to maybe try to slow turbo to SP1 speed just to check if that's it.

Yes, P showed songs playing.. and yes, 4.29 was PS1, I am almost certain. Will verify in the AM.

Is an hour a magical time period after which P looks for activity? And after which the server spews stuff to muck up the works? Sounds good to the peanut gallery to maybe try to slow turbo to SP1 speed just to check if that's it.

Yeah, that's when the idle timeout normally is for regular accounts. Though, i don't know of a heartbeat sent by the client, so...

Running the test right now, anyways. Mmmm... over 60 songs... still going. Well, we know the culprit now.

Uploaded a version with the speed limiter now. If the data is in mp3 format (pandora one or my client) it can use the full range of speeds, if it is aac 15s is the minimum wait now (from 5). I added an override, though, under advanced settings (should be obvious from there)

From here, it appears you nailed it. All's well with the new ver, turbo, XP, FF.

As for the prev ver which worked for me, yes, it was PS and DS 1.00; build date 4.24. T-ripped all night.

Ad-muting isn't admittedly a default part of this project, lessin' you accept the goal of total enhancement, which doubtless should be re-worded. I remind you of it now that you have solved my main outstanding issue, and how impressive it would look in the feature list.

Apart from the ad-free and uninterrupted playing, do folks hear the difference between free and Pandora One?

From here, it appears you nailed it. All's well with the new ver, turbo, XP, FF.

As for the prev ver which worked for me, yes, it was PS and DS 1.00; build date 4.24. T-ripped all night.

Ad-muting isn't admittedly a default part of this project, lessin' you accept the goal of total enhancement, which doubtless should be re-worded. I remind you of it now that you have solved my main outstanding issue, and how impressive it would look in the feature list.

Apart from the ad-free and uninterrupted playing, do folks hear the difference between free and Pandora One?

Find me some ad urls and they could be blocked.

If it's not too much trouble i'd be much obliged if you could test my pandora client (go saver2 -> launch pandora client)

I can tell some differences between the aac and mp3 versions, but the aac is really quite good. (i haven't sat down and done a comparison though)

So, I'm a little slow realizing what the P client is, i.e., no browser required.

Seemed to work well. Switches nicely b/t turbo and not; ability to change accts nice.

I personally miss the linear progress bar showing turbo rip status as shown in native P screen.

Quickmix missing in stations ---> Oh, that's what the shuffle stations config is for; and the shuffle songs I'll have to check(?).

Volume control a little rough, but OK. (Ineffectual when coupled with a mistaken P browser session!!)

Crashed once when failed to pick a station after login, but not after then.

To check mem use, what processes are involved?

Log and status integration smooth.

Don't know what the save button is for.

It would be nice to be able to open log and status screens from the client.

Quite nice, I think.

So, I'm a little slow realizing what the P client is, i.e., no browser required.

Seemed to work well. Switches nicely b/t turbo and not; ability to change accts nice.

I personally miss the linear progress bar showing turbo rip status as shown in native P screen.

Quickmix missing in stations ---> Oh, that's what the shuffle stations config is for; and the shuffle songs I'll have to check(?).

Volume control a little rough, but OK. (Ineffectual when coupled with a mistaken P browser session!!)

Crashed once when failed to pick a station after login, but not after then.

To check mem use, what processes are involved?

Log and status integration smooth.

Don't know what the save button is for.

It would be nice to be able to open log and status screens from the client.

Quite nice, I think.

Volume control can't be helped - i find the hardware mplayer control is utter arse (non-linear and very quiet). Softvol introduces lag (as you noticed), but i find it's a decent exchange. At least it's linear and a proper volume.

The linear bar is missing (when in turbo) as i haven't taken the time to write a bit to figure out mp3 bitrate from the file, and as the turbo mp3s are encoded at the minimum bitrate possible to save size the normal estimation is nonfunctional.

Crashed = exception? or? It should pick the first station if you pick no station. OOps, found it. IF you hit X, it doesn't handle that and then gets caught. Will fix. Fixed.

To check mem use use taskmgr (ctrl alt del)

Save button is if you want to pick songs to download. Click it, song downloads. Only functional in SProxy ofc and when set to wait for download.

There should be a quickmix in there somewhere? But only configurable by flash atm.

Anyways, shuffle songs memans it mixes up the 4 songs received from pandora and shuffle stations means it changes station every 4 songs. Not quite quickmix, but it ensures a greater variety of songs are ripped (and is enough of a mix for me tbh)

Oh, a side effect: if you are using my client to save music, it saves 128kbs mp3 as opposed to aacplus with a regular account (NOT PANDORA ONE!!). No re-encoding necessary. Nice little loophole.

To check mem use use taskmgr (ctrl alt del)

Well, I know, but I wasn't seeing the obvious processes. Occasionally blind. I saw SP, is there something else? Nothing of size, it seems.

There should be a quickmix in there somewhere?

Didn't find it, but station shuffle after 4 is good to me.

Oh, a side effect: if you are using my client to save music, it saves 128kbs mp3 as opposed to aacplus with a regular account (NOT PANDORA ONE!!). No re-encoding necessary. Nice little loophole.

This is nice and interesting useful for those of us with retro/dumb players.

Duh, do I want mp3 or mp4?

BTW: nice language:

Shunning song, already exists!

Would be nice to have little things in client, as you know:

save configs (like folder, naming) (it defaults to existing settings? (I will check). Oh, of course, SP must be running to launch client and it has those things.

Find me some ad urls and they could be blocked.

A couple, for Slacker, but I was hoping for a better way:

http://www.targetspot.com/home/

http://www.slacker.com/promo/freephone

http://www.lendingtree.com/stm3/offers/mar...62&AdType=2

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores...dex_embed.vm%3F

Well, I know, but I wasn't seeing the obvious processes. Occasionally blind. I saw SP, is there something else? Nothing of size, it seems.

Didn't find it, but station shuffle after 4 is good to me.

This is nice and interesting useful for those of us with retro/dumb players.

Duh, do I want mp3 or mp4?

BTW: nice language:

Would be nice to have little things in client, as you know:

save configs (like folder, naming) (it defaults to existing settings? (I will check). Oh, of course, SP must be running to launch client and it has those things.

A couple, for Slacker, but I was hoping for a better way:

http://www.targetspot.com/home/

http://www.slacker.com/promo/freephone

http://www.lendingtree.com/stm3/offers/mar...62&AdType=2

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores...dex_embed.vm%3F

Actually, the client can either be launched standalone (Pandora.exe) or as part of SProxy. If IE is configured to use a proxy, the standalone one will use it, but generally if you intend to rip music it's easier to use it from sproxy. If you launched it from the sproxy menu, it's part of sproxy, and there is no way to tell the memory use.

The client has no knowledge of how to save songs and such - all of that is handled by the saver2 plugin (and thus saver2) and there is minimal interwork between the two. Approve song is about all the client knows of.

aacplus at 64kbs is roughly equal to 128kbs mp3.

ADs: hrm. you mights try adblock plus if they're common ads.

ADs: hrm. you mights try adblock plus if they're common ads.

Those are the results of clicked audio ads. Not sure how to get the urls, if there are any, of the flashed audio, if that is what they are? Since you've gone to P1, you miss these unless you slack and have not elevated there.

I'm waiting for you to implement mp3 encoding.

Have you tried the P client?

I'm seeing the quickmix with the client now. Must have been that blindness thing.

The client has become my preferred player/ripper.

Is the configged 'shuffle stations' in the client more efficient than quickmix because it cuts down on number of switches with the same general result? It only shuffles ALL stations, eh?

Hi ZZJ,

I have tested PS2 and I think everything works just fine. I'm waiting for you to implement mp3 encoding. When do you think you will do that?

Actually, I plan on working on that today. But in the interim as brofix mentioned the pandora client works for this as well. With just a registered account you get 128kbs (no subscription or anything)

Those are the results of clicked audio ads. Not sure how to get the urls, if there are any, of the flashed audio, if that is what they are? Since you've gone to P1, you miss these unless you slack and have not elevated there.

Have you tried the P client?

I'm seeing the quickmix with the client now. Must have been that blindness thing.

The client has become my preferred player/ripper.

Is the configged 'shuffle stations' in the client more efficient than quickmix because it cuts down on number of switches with the same general result? It only shuffles ALL stations, eh?

Shuffle stations works better because it has the full selection of music - quickmix is limited to about 400 total songs (which does not change much if at all if stations change). So, more music is available.

Truthfully, I've never experienced an ad on pandora. So i really wouldn't know. Most of the regular ones are blocked by adblock i find.

Shuffle stations works better because it has the full selection of music - quickmix is limited to about 400 total songs (which does not change much if at all if stations change). So, more music is available.

Didn't realize, and Very good.

Truthfully, I've never experienced an ad on pandora. So i really wouldn't know. Most of the regular ones are blocked by i find.

They're not so common as with Slacker, but there for me as of recently. Will try adblock.

With default settings, the client seems to shun songs for which there are mp4 rips, and thus not rip them in mp3 or replace them with mp3 versions? This seems good to me.

Thanks.

I tried to find and download "Pandora Client" but could not find the exact one. On Pandora site, a Pandora sidebar gadget is offered. Otherwise there are a few third party clients like Pandora's Box, OpenPandora. Which one do you refer to here as Pandora Client?

I tried to find and download "Pandora Client" but could not find the exact one. On Pandora site, a Pandora sidebar gadget is offered. Otherwise there are a few third party clients like Pandora's Box, OpenPandora. Which one do you refer to here as Pandora Client?

It's in the saver2 download. Download saver2, launch sproxy, pick launch pandora client from saver2 menu.

ZZJ,

Right now the playlist created by PS2 seems to have only "newMusic" as the name. Is there a way to set it to name playlists after the station names as in PS1?

Check pandora settings (Saver2 - > pandora -> config something like) - should be an option to create playliss in there.

minor FYI: adblocker plus current 1.1 with default US subscription didn't block slacker (free) audio phone ad.

Oh. You mean the built in ads. Not really going to happen atm - no way to truely remove it without leaving traces and/pr manglng the response to the point the client dies (next 2 is supposed to return 2 - can't return one)