Domain Registrar

ssmithisme

It depends what you mean "by your choosing". If you mean like let you choose from many different TLD's like .com, .net, .org etc then there are many registrars which let you do this such as GoDaddy.

If you mean like create your own, this cannot be done at the moment, but as said before there was something being discussed about this but the status on it is unknown. If it does get passed I doubt it will be cheap so get ready to re-mortgage your house :P

Yeah, I have been trying to get Bri.an , but the Netherlands have been oddly resistant to the idea, lol.

Perhaps try this site: http://domai.nr/, they can help you breakdown your domain name into non traditional TLD's, and will hook you up with a few sites that can sell it

Is that what you're looking for?

Freedomain.co.nr is a great free domain if you just want a url redirection. I have had it for years (lol, dont have anything up though). You only get one at a time, but it's a good service (i.e. if you dont want the one you already have you have to remove yourself from the service and re-sign up but it takes not time at all, and they don't care if you do it 10x a day if you wanted)

Used to use it for my Trackmania United html and game server years ago... w00t tet19 clan!

Freedomain.co.nr is a great free domain if you just want a url redirection. I have had it for years (lol, dont have anything up though). You only get one at a time, but it's a good service (i.e. if you dont want the one you already have you have to remove yourself from the service and re-sign up but it takes not time at all, and they don't care if you do it 10x a day if you wanted)

Used to use it for my Trackmania United html and game server years ago... w00t tet19 clan!

DynDNS is a great service.