Unable to connect to fon... don't know IP

I was wondering if someone can help me here. I was a real noob and when setting up the fon for the dhcp and 192.168.0.250 I selected apply the changes but now it has changed tht IP address but i don't know it. Can anyone help me? can we reset the fon or something?

I had this happen to me. Are you plugging it in to a router? If so the DHCP on the router is most likely giving the FON a different IP address. As I understand it the FON will only use the IP you assign if no other DHCP server is available.

If your router shows what clients are connected to it you can use that to view what the IP might be. Or use an IP scanner and scan the network.

Hope that's helpful!

I had this happen to me. Are you plugging it in to a router? If so the DHCP on the router is most likely giving the FON a different IP address. As I understand it the FON will only use the IP you assign if no other DHCP server is available.

If your router shows what clients are connected to it you can use that to view what the IP might be. Or use an IP scanner and scan the network.

Hope that's helpful!

I was but it wasn't set up with DHCP. I set it up as a DHCP server and i was able to connect to the fon. I tried it again and i am unable to connect the fon :( The missle light is on steady and flashes every know and then. What does that mean? I go the the DHCP ip table and i can't see the Fon and can't find it with nmap. I am using the range 10.0.0.1 ->1.0.0.254 is that okay?

any suggestions of hoe to get it too work. Initially the wifi worked on it and now i noticed that the Pinaple SSID is no longer available.... I am having such bad luck with this :(

I was wondering if someone can help me here. I was a real noob and when setting up the fon for the dhcp and 192.168.0.250 I selected apply the changes but now it has changed tht IP address but i don't know it. Can anyone help me? can we reset the fon or something?

You can either set DHCP or static IP, not both. If you set it for a static IP then try to connect to it on that and see what happens, if you set DHCP run a DHCP server on whatever machine the Fon is connected to and see if it gives an IP. The mistake some people are making is to have a DHCP server running on their router but then plugging the Fon into their PC not the router. The PC isn't running a DHCP server so no addresses get through to the Fon.

You mention a 10. address (and a 1. but I assume this is a typo). Why would you think that the Fon is on 10. something?