What do you guys think of the Cap and Trade Proposal.

bob_s

Weed should be legal before alchohol.

Weed = peaceful

Drunk = often disruptive and crazy

Not to mention all the other great things hemp provides

100% agreed.

When I get a house the first thing I will do is invest in solar panels. The initial cost is great but in the long run its extremely cheap.

..and wouldn't a hydrogen car be a bad thing. You could blow your ass up. Personally I think we should use solar/wind powered cars.

Solar to start, and then to get up to highway speeds you would utilize wind energy from air blowing over the car.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hydrogen cars are no more dangerous than gasoline cars. Matter of fact, they are less dangerous due to the fact that you do not have to pressurize the hydrogen that much to get it in the engine. Furthermore, you do not have to have as large of a tank for it, so it can be heavily fortified so there is no worry.

btw, has anyone seen that documentary 'Super High Me'? very interesting. It's the same thing as Super Size Me, except dude was burnt out for a month :P you can watch it online if you have a netflix account: Super High Me

Great post (a couple back) h3%5kr3w. I guess I state something that has always been central to all of this enviment stuff etc. In my opinion the goverment should not be the one regulating the envimental controls etc so much. Before both the Great Depresion and the World Wars I and II the goverment was not so involved with all this "stuff", the goverments job was to protect the people etc (so police, fire,ambulance) and that was it, then the Great Depression came and the goverment got involved. The goverment needs to go back to the documents that shaped our nation The Decleration of Independance, Bill of Rights etc. That is it, there is no reason for the goverment to get so damn involved, that is what is wonderful about the free market and capatilism it regulates itself if now one interfiers if a company is doing a shity job they either go out of business or do a better job. Also the enviroment has gotton better without cap and trade and it will continue, there is no reason for this or any other bill, it improves itself. Of course I am talking about the US (Europe is so far away from this, is is ridiculous) because I live there and it was the topic thread.

The enviroment has only gotten better due to laws being passed to enforce standards, without these laws we would still be seeing London being shut down by smog, asbestos being used, lead water pipes and so forth. That is the reason we need yet more laws, to deal with problems we still face.

Um legal marijuana might not be so good when driving especially (also see California's experience with legalization and soon to be Michigan's problems)

From About.com

* Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)

* Problems with memory and learning

* Loss of coordination

* Trouble with thinking and problem-solving

* Increased heart rate, reduced blood pressure

Sometimes marijuana use can also produce anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic.

Marijuana legalized I think should go under the same rules as alcohol (so drinking driving etc is illegal), then again I don't think marijuana should be legalized at all (do to its effects and addictiveness etc)

From About.com

* Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)

I call bullshit. maybe with time, but that's about it.

* Problems with memory and learning

* Loss of coordination

* Trouble with thinking and problem-solving

* Increased heart rate, reduced blood pressure
I call b.s. with this one as well

Sometimes marijuana use can also produce anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic.
Yeah it will cause these things... because it is illegal! and I know cause I used to be paranoid as hell.

Marijuana legalized I think should go under the same rules as alcohol (so drinking driving etc is illegal), then again I don't think marijuana should be legalized at all (do to its effects and addictiveness etc)

Ok, now I do believe that the same rules should apply as alcohol, really simply because for 1. you shouldnt be stoned @ work, and 2. because some people cant handle their own shit.

HOWEVER. you are stating marijuana is addictive? Try finding that in a text book. You wont. Matter of fact the FDA's actual fact sheet on Marijuana states long term effects as 'inconclusive'. Tell me what that means. I think they ran the barrel dry and then decided to throw that in because it's less welcoming to people to try it. I quit smoking after I got out of high school but mainly because I knew getting caught would hinder my future. But not using the drug in and of itself.

h3%5kr3w would you say food it addictive? Food can be addictive. From Wikipedia The term "addiction" is used in many contexts to describe an obsession, compulsion, or excessive psychological dependence So addiction can be to anything it is a "excessive psychological dependence" so I guess Marijuana can be addictive (BTW I am not a doctor but think about it, you can become addicted to anything, it may not be like Heroin (where I believe it is a chemical addiction (I believe it replaces you bodies natural pain killers so you become dependent on that for pain relief I believe)))

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF YOU THINK I AM WRONG this is hardly a founded fact just a view and my thought process.

Weed is a psycologically addictive drug, and heavy use will produce anxiety, paranoia, and all the stuff Zimmer mentioned about. It is dangerous, not like coke, heroin or various types of pills, but more in the sense that you could spend your life getting high and do nothing else. However, I still love the stuff, i just recongize that its a drug and like all other drugs there are highs and lows. Its certainly not something kids should try, because you need your teenage years to learn how to be you and if your baked all the time thats going to cause you problems down the line. Comming from someone who has done more drugs than most of you have had hot dinners and somehow made it out the other side realtivly intact, respect the fact that pot is a drug, not some groovy lifestyle choice.

There are no long term health risks to Marijuana use.

The effects of Marijuana differ from person to person. Not everyone might have anxiety-paranoia.

Me personally, I find it calms me down alot. I usually like to meditate.

I feel no addiction or need to smoke what so ever, and I also find that once a day lowers depression in me.

There is not good reason for it to be illegal. If they legalize it, yes, it should be governed like alchohol.

I believe in recreational and medical uses but I do NOT believe, in driving, or going to work...etc stoned. That should be common sense.

Don't get me wrong, as far as drugs go it is a nice drug, but there are risks. Sure, you won't OD and die, but you might miss out on things you will regret later on because you were to high to be arsed doing anything more than watching a Family Guy DVD on loop.

Don't get me wrong, as far as drugs go it is a nice drug, but there are risks. Sure, you won't OD and die, but you might miss out on things you will regret later on because you were to high to be arsed doing anything more than watching a Family Guy DVD on loop.

Good point.

...Please intake responsibly. lol

Comming from someone who has done more drugs than most of you have had hot dinners and somehow made it out the other side realtivly intact, respect the fact that pot is a drug, not some groovy lifestyle choice.

Well... I will have to side with you on that. If you dont mind me asking what were your poisons? Mine were Weed, LSD, ecstasy, and something else I will not comment on.. (was really stupid and I will just say this.. It's amazing I can even tie my shoes now, much less being a miracle that I can even fathom troubleshooting routing tables)

IMHO way too much drug use, this stuff screws with you mind and body in ways that could be totally unknown, I don't know maybe I am to much of a tight wad but this is basically experimenting on you body, and it could cause damage that last forever.

Personally, I like to go all natural. I dont like putting all kinds of random synthetic chemicals and shit into me.

I dont even like to take things like Tylenol.

I also think that there is a natural cure for everything. If what you have is natural there is a natural way to cure it.

IMHO way too much drug use, this stuff screws with you mind and body in ways that could be totally unknown, I don't know maybe I am to much of a tight wad but this is basically experimenting on you body, and it could cause damage that last forever.

True, but its bloody good fun while your doing it.

I like experimenting on my body. lol

I would probably pursue a career in, idk, in a field that has to do with the mind. I am very interested in this sort of thing.

I have often made an example of my interest by saying "I would be the person tripping balls in the corner with a notepad."

I would have more than the experience. I would note everything that was happening. Even if the observation doesnt mean anything I still interested in noting it.

hey, you ever just took a pad and pen and wrote down what you thought about while you were doing it? Once I figured out the meaning of life but I got really mad cause I couldnt find a pen and paper... and once I finally found one, I forgot what it was... Good times :P

hey, you ever just took a pad and pen and wrote down what you thought about while you were doing it? Once I figured out the meaning of life but I got really mad cause I couldnt find a pen and paper... and once I finally found one, I forgot what it was... Good times :P

Freaking hate when that happens...

:P

lawl. Only here can it go from political, to ex acid droppers :F

... wait a minute... was it the founder of 3com or cisco that dropped acid to help them figure out network infrastructure issues with hardware?

We all know what Steve Jobs did.. He must have dropped some really white acid man :P

***BTW, I do not nor ever did or will condone the use of Acid... Cause unlike if your just high, you can really loose your shit and your mind if you cant handle it, and not everybody can.. but it sure was fun..***