IP Address Creator

PC646

Obviously there is TOR and proxies to change your IP address (and programs to change your mac ID) but I'm looking for a tool or proxy that can make my IP address A) come from any area (say china) or B) actually duplicate a known IP and mirror it.

I guess I could use a Chinese proxy if I wanted my traffic to look like it was coming from china, but I was hoping for something that did both...

Any input would be great. Thx!

No can do without a proxy, you can spoof IP addresses but by doing that you remove any ability to communicate: you send a request to the server, the server sends the response to the IP you're spoofing, and your machine sees no reply. That's why you need the proxy, so all requests and responses are actually sent via that 3rd machine.

Obviously there is TOR and proxies to change your IP address (and programs to change your mac ID) but I'm looking for a tool or proxy that can make my IP address A) come from any area (say china) or B) actually duplicate a known IP and mirror it.

I guess I could use a Chinese proxy if I wanted my traffic to look like it was coming from china, but I was hoping for something that did both...

Any input would be great. Thx!

Networking 101.

Why not start World War 3 and blame the Chinese....jk

I can think of a million different reasons to make your ip come from a specific area or look like another persons address, router block, etc... I guess I'm thinking more of anti-forensics though. If I live in small town middle of USA, and even if I use an open or cracked wifi network, it won't take long for PD to know I'm the local hacker...

Then you say "just use a proxy" but while I'm doing my thing I want blame to be aimed at someone or something.

You could just "take control" of a bunch of multi-user computers/routers/any network enabled device depending on your skill level, in universities, colleges, schools and use them as exit points for network traffic, its not that hard to even set up your own Tor like network only you can use.

I can think of a million different reasons to make your ip come from a specific area or look like another persons address, router block, etc... I guess I'm thinking more of anti-forensics though. If I live in small town middle of USA, and even if I use an open or cracked wifi network, it won't take long for PD to know I'm the local hacker...

Wow. Where do i start with this one?

1) Your local PD isn't sitting around monitoring everyone's wifi to ensure that skiddies like yourself arent phreaking some WEP. If you think they're going to bust down your door because you're stealing some bandwidth, then you're retarded. (no offense)

2) Some tips if you are using someones wifi connection. When possible try to use a secure tunnel (VPN, SSL, SSH proxy) because if it was so easy for you get onto that access point, who knows who else is eating up your yummy packets.

3) There are tons and tons of proxy solutions, and this is what you're seeking. Google is your friend.

Networking 101.

Well played sir.

Actually some of us in here would be a target by local, state and/or federal police from past mistakes or current connections.

The reason for my post and others that I post like it aren't for collecting answers for a noob, I'm trying to spark conversation on here and get people talking. I hate seeing the same BS stuff on forums after forums. If someone has a creative and different way to change an IP or redirect it, I want to know and share.

The reason for my post and others that I post like it aren't for collecting answers for a noob, I'm trying to spark conversation on here and get people talking. I hate seeing the same BS stuff on forums after forums. If someone has a creative and different way to change an IP or redirect it, I want to know and share.

They don't. TOR, Proxy, VPN, that's about it.

Actually some of us in here would be a target by local, state and/or federal police from past mistakes or current connections.

The reason you only see BS about this is because it is BS. If you want your traffic to look like it originated from somewhere else, it has to originate from somewhere else. If you spoof a packet with a different return address, the traffic will go to that return address. You won't be able to generate any *real* traffic. This tactic is often how DDOS attacks are performed, because the attacker has no interest in the return traffic, only the flood.

There are no creative ways to change an IP or redirect other than a proxy or VPN solution. If you really plan to do something malicious with this, keep in mind, these systems can be logged and are not always as anonymous as they promise.

The conversation you started truly is Networking 101, the conversation doesn't go any deep because there is nothing else to say.

The reason you only see BS about this is because it is BS. If you want your traffic to look like it originated from somewhere else, it has to originate from somewhere else. If you spoof a packet with a different return address, the traffic will go to that return address. You won't be able to generate any *real* traffic. This tactic is often how DDOS attacks are performed, because the attacker has no interest in the return traffic, only the flood.

There are no creative ways to change an IP or redirect other than a proxy or VPN solution. If you really plan to do something malicious with this, keep in mind, these systems can be logged and are not always as anonymous as they promise.

The conversation you started truly is Networking 101, the conversation doesn't go any deep because there is nothing else to say.

Nothing on the internet is anonymous. Pretty much every isp keeps logs now, some might keep them for a shorter time that others, but they keep logs.

Looking at the other threads, number of comments and information shared vs. this post I would say my question wasn't crazy, noob or bad at all. It sparked a good conversation and was answered by people that want to help others.

As continuing to attack the police comment, shit happens. If you don't prepare for the worse, you can find yourself knee deep in that shit. Sharing information about preventive measures isn't something to dis, there are plenty of famous hackers that got caught because of tunnel vision, lack of information, behind the technology curve of LE (rare) or simple slip ups. A board of this nature should be happy to share mistakes, tools and challenges to hacking.