I finally broke down and got an iPhone

Machstorm

AT&T has horrid service on the east coast, US, so I'm waiting til it comes to Verizon or T-mobile... Currently have a Centro. I've been hearing good and bad about the Pre, so I might/might not switch early when that comes to Verizon.

AT&T has horrid service on the east coast, US, so I'm waiting til it comes to Verizon or T-mobile... Currently have a Centro. I've been hearing good and bad about the Pre, so I might/might not switch early when that comes to Verizon.

That's one of the plus's for living out in Oklahoma the service her is pretty good. Then again they upgrade service out here faster than most of the states. Come to think of it, if I remember right, I think Verizon owns most of the east coast.

Now I just need to create an app to control my evil robot army, muwahahaha!

I could not resist any more. I guess my freinds used their iPhones apps to make me do it. Why not too, there's probably an app for that as well.

You make it sound like a crime, or that it's a bad thing.

Really, most of us iPhone users are good, well meaning people.

As long as you're happy with the device, isn't that all that matters?

You make it sound like a crime, or that it's a bad thing.

Really, most of us iPhone users are good, well meaning people.

As long as you're happy with the device, isn't that all that matters?

Relax, I was trying to be funny. I have posted before about resisting the urge to buy one, because everyone else had wanted one. If I thought it had been "crime or that it was a bad thing" I would have kept my hypocrisy silent. Besides my iPhone has the secret of eternal life

iPhone! Disappear me.

TBH, I have Cellular South which probably most of you have not heard of. They are not the cheapest (but close) on cell plans, but they have near perfect service. The only downfall is you have to have phones bought through them (their phones are setup pre-firmware from manufacturer. You cant even use smart cards in them unless you get it unlocked by a local store. )

im back :o

anyways

why dont you buy an iphone on pay as you go or somthing and jailbreak it, use sn0w on it and use any network with it?

Really? I'm in NYC and I get great service. I have yet to go off the 3g network. The only time I hear people complain about the receptions and service quality in NY is when they go to Long Island or deep into queens...but who wants to go that far in anyways lol.

Only reason I'd ever want one is because of Google Maps. It works better for finding places than any of the GPS devices I've ever used!

I've not had any problems with ATT service in Baltimore (besides the fact that they seem to be a shady company).

Sitting in my home office, my iPhone has full service, and my Verizon work phone has 1 bar... I typically find between Verizon and ATT, you're likely to have good service no matter where you go.

Everybody I know in the southern and central U.S. hates AT&T. Their plans are crap and their service is crap. Alot of you that get good service, that's probably because your in very big cities or very close to them, so AT&T gives all new updates and fixes to your areas first.

@ the same time though, Boost mobile seems to get excellent service from everyone I know that has them.

Everybody I know in the southern and central U.S. hates AT&T. Their plans are crap and their service is crap. Alot of you that get good service, that's probably because your in very big cities or very close to them, so AT&T gives all new updates and fixes to your areas first.

@ the same time though, Boost mobile seems to get excellent service from everyone I know that has them.

They actually pay more for their service with boost mobile, overall. The problem is that some people don't know how cell phones and radio wave work. So they bitch about service when they are in a forrested area or going into a tunnel or decide to live between two hills or make a call underneath powerlines. Or they dont look at the coverage area before they their phone.

im back :o

anyways

why dont you buy an iphone on pay as you go or somthing and jailbreak it, use sn0w on it and use any network with it?

There isn't a pay as you go option. AT&T officially shut down all the phones using the service recently. Note, the people that had used the GoPhone service did so via unscrupulous means..., there is no legit way to do it.

Jailbreak and go......, where, T-mobile? Great! No 3G and the price would only be marginally cheaper.

They actually pay more for their service with boost mobile, overall. The problem is that some people don't know how cell phones and radio wave work. So they bitch about service when they are in a forrested area or going into a tunnel or decide to live between two hills or make a call underneath powerlines. Or they dont look at the coverage area before they their phone.

Well, while I see your point on that (yes there are A LOT of dumb users out there) I live in Southern MS. There are NO hills here. Matter of fact, the only hills over 30ft tall are few and far between (and most man made). I have seen many phone carriers, including At&t, and cingular that have HORRIBLE reception here, while I can cruise with perfect signal all the time. Fact is, I am on a coastline, so if you dont have towers down here to cover properly, or poor telco/transiever equiptment, then that's the only reason why you should have bad reception or dropped calls. Louisiana is even worse, and nope... no hills.

I live right beside the Tower service power lines *ya know the big ass power lines that go from tower to tower* and my signal is always intact.

Well, while I see your point on that (yes there are A LOT of dumb users out there) I live in Southern MS. There are NO hills here. Matter of fact, the only hills over 30ft tall are few and far between (and most man made). I have seen many phone carriers, including At&t, and cingular that have HORRIBLE reception here, while I can cruise with perfect signal all the time. Fact is, I am on a coastline, so if you don't have towers down here to cover properly, or poor telco/transiever equiptment, then that's the only reason why you should have bad reception or dropped calls. Louisiana is even worse, and nope... no hills.

I live right beside the Tower service power lines *ya know the big ass power lines that go from tower to tower* and my signal is always intact.

Also, I should note that humidity has a lot to do with it to. Water just loves to absorb and scatter radio waves. Speaking of water; trees are culprits too. take Cedar trees or example a good sized Cedar tree will have about 33 gallon of water. Good luck getting a signal with them or any area with a relatively dense tree population.

I do agree that towers make the difference to. It's just that people don't want them in their back yard much less the coast.

You got that right about some customers some of them are just plain dumb " Why can't I get a signal on a plane while driving through a tunnel" (Paraphrasing a House quote)

Gee and I'll got is this:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...tedPhoneId=3785

Although the first day I got it, I changed all the Verizon pictures to my own using p2kcommander. And then I went into the service menu and disabled EVDO to triple my battery life. Now it's a nice phone.

Don't care about web, email, sms, et. al. Turned all those services off.