Fon2+Jasager+Hamster ( Waiting for the day )

The Fon 2 looks like a great little device..

Nice that it can support 3G directly.

Just imagine a Fon 2, with your 3G connection, running Jasager, and if someone can port Hamster..

All on one device!

No need to run a laptop, ( expect to access Hamster and view the tasty cookies! )

Really looking forward to the USA release of the device.

I can only image what some of the really smart people here will be able to do with this device.

I was talking to Hernan about doing a ruby port of wifizoo which (I think) is a better alternative to hamster but unfortunately we both got too busy.

It is still on the todo list but porting a whole python app to ruby is quite a bit of work and the Fon doesn't have enough storage to get a full python install on there along with other tools.

I had a look at wifizoo..

The little Fon device is going to be quite the deal.

To be totally self contained like that:

3G, DHCP, ICS, Jasager, wifizoo, and anything else people want to add.

I'm not sure the power requirements of the Fon2 device, but to just plug it in, turn it on

and that's it!

You could login with your laptop, and surf like the other noobs.

Then when you like, login to the Fon and see what's it's found and have some fun!

No need to have a wired connection to the Fon unit, With a large thumbdrive you could set this unit up

and leave it for a while.. letting it just collect those yummy packets. Come back, pick it up and YUM

all that data!

Anyone have any idea when we can buy a Fon2 here in the USA?

The Fon2 takes the same power as the Fon.

Leaving it lying around with a disk of some kind collecting data could be a problem if the disk gets nicked then you are letting a lot of sensitive info out into the world.

The Fon2 takes the same power as the Fon.

Leaving it lying around with a disk of some kind collecting data could be a problem if the disk gets nicked then you are letting a lot of sensitive info out into the world.

What about sending it home? Feeding the information back to a "pen testers" machine. The Fon will have net access, so accessing another computer out on the WWW wouldn't be too much of an issue.