Weird Icon in Active Directory

Chalito

Hey guys just had a quick question. I was trying to figure out why this computer on our network wasn't allowing anyone to log in. So I decided to check AD and I found this:

38355807.th.png

I don't know what that little arrow pointed down means. Anyone have a clue? I haven't seen that before. When I log in as the local administrator I'm able to get onto the internet and such so I know that the Ethernet cable/nic card are working fine.

I tried to Google it but for some reason it's a lot harder to search for a arrow icon on top of an Icon in AD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys just had a quick question. I was trying to figure out why this computer on our network wasn't allowing anyone to log in. So I decided to check AD and I found this:

38355807.th.png

I don't know what that little arrow pointed down means. Anyone have a clue? I haven't seen that before. When I log in as the local administrator I'm able to get onto the internet and such so I know that the Ethernet cable/nic card are working fine.

I tried to Google it but for some reason it's a lot harder to search for a arrow icon on top of an Icon in AD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I believe it means 'Disabled'

are you using vista/server 2008?

I was just wondering the same thing. I run a rather large forest of 2003 domain controllers and have never seen the icons look that clean before, lol.

Maybe there's a market for a themed icon pack for active directory? :P

Well thanks to you helpful folk I was able to fix the issues. The trust relationship between the computer and the domain crapped out. I'm not sure why it crapped out but I just removed the computer and re added it. Thanks for all the help fellas.

Well thanks to you helpful folk I was able to fix the issues. The trust relationship between the computer and the domain crapped out. I'm not sure why it crapped out but I just removed the computer and re added it. Thanks for all the help fellas.

You mean rejoined it? Couldn't you have just reset the SAM on the computer account in AD?