Backtrack Tutorial Series

FiFo

Updated (07-Jul-2009)

Hi everybody

I bet that nobody knows me here

I've been using Auditor/iWhax/Backtrack for 4 years now

I used it mainly for penetrating WEP protected networks

Recently, I've decided to learn every single tool found there on my own

I think that the best method for mastering something is TEACHING what you have learned

That's why I'll start making a complete series which contains videos and a periodically updated manual

Those are the available videos up to now:

Backtrack Series - 1: Cracking WEP Protection Using Deauthentication and ARP Packets Injection

Backtrack Series - 2: Cracking Clientless WEP Protected Network Using ARP Packet Replay

Backtrack Series - 3: Cracking Clientless WEP Protected Network Using Chop Chop Attack

Backtrack Series - 4: Cracking Clientless WEP Protected Network Using Fragmentation Attack

Backtrack Series - 5: Cracking WPA Protected Network Using ASCII Dictionary Attack

Backtrack Series - 6: Cracking WPA Protected Network Using Precomputed WPA Keys Database Attack

Backtrack Series - 7: Cracking AP-less WEP Protected Network Using Hirte Attack (Fragmentation Attack)

Backtrack Series - 8: Cracking AP-less WEP Protected Network Using Caffe Latte

Backtrack Series - 9: Cracking AP-less WPA Protected Network Using Rogue AP

Backtrack Series - 10: MITM Attack With Rogue AP Using Airolib-NG & Ettercap-NG

For more information, please check:

Backtrack Series - 11: Retrieving Forum Passwords Using MITM + Rcrack

Backtrack Series - 12: Session Hijacking for Secure Websites

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack...ial-series.html

Hi everybody

I bet that nobody knows me here

I've been using Auditor/iWhax/Backtrack for 4 years now

I used it mainly for penetrating WEP protected networks

Recently, I've decided to learn every single tool found there on my own

I think that the best method for mastering something is TEACHING what you have learned

That's why I'll start making a complete series which contains videos and a periodically updated manual

For more information, please check:

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack...ial-series.html

Those are great videos, but they don't really explain much since there isnt any audio. I was toying with the idea of having a wireless cracking workshop dealy on our IRC network. I've already helped a couple newbs begin their quest into wireless security.

I also wanted to film a presentation-esk type thing in my conference room here at the office on some off the wall topics. We'll see what comes of it. Kudos for taking the time to do those videos tho! Good job!

Those are great videos, but they don't really explain much since there isnt any audio. I was toying with the idea of having a wireless cracking workshop dealy on our IRC network. I've already helped a couple newbs begin their quest into wireless security.

I also wanted to film a presentation-esk type thing in my conference room here at the office on some off the wall topics. We'll see what comes of it. Kudos for taking the time to do those videos tho! Good job!

Thank you for your reply,

All those videos are based on other tutorials made by other people

The only information I provided is the link for the original tutorials that I applied

You can find them in the Youtube pages

Any way, there will be more tutorial videos soon, but they will be accompanied by complete description

And I'm still holding to my promise that I'll make a document which has everything I know, including an explanation for the videos

Thank you for your reply,

All those videos are based on other tutorials made by other people

The only information I provided is the link for the original tutorials that I applied

You can find them in the Youtube pages

Any way, there will be more tutorial videos soon, but they will be accompanied by complete description

And I'm still holding to my promise that I'll make a document which has everything I know, including an explanation for the videos

I was planning on making documented videos on cracking WPA and WEP. If you want to team up, hop onto OMGIRC and give me a shout. I go under Ish_nitti or digerati.

I'm kind of tired of having to walk people through the steps of getting everything setup, patching drivers and finding legit access points to exploit. I would love to do a one-stop-shop video that i can point to whenever i'm asked to teach someone.

I was planning on making documented videos on cracking WPA and WEP. If you want to team up, hop onto OMGIRC and give me a shout. I go under Ish_nitti or digerati.

I'm kind of tired of having to walk people through the steps of getting everything setup, patching drivers and finding legit access points to exploit. I would love to do a one-stop-shop video that i can point to whenever i'm asked to teach someone.

Sounds like all we need is Morgan Freeman to narrate the videos.