Probmes with an E-machine T2542

jake

Ok so I know its an e machine and their crap: not the problem, i still need it fixed!

The HD light on the front of the system and the PS fan are both on and running when the system is turned off, upon pressing the power button, nothing happens, any ideas??

The CPU fan "flickers" when the PS switched in the back is flipped on

The HD light is on but the HD is NOT running (cable is plugged in correctly)

The power supply has died and possibly/probably taken the motherboard/hd/cd drive/cpu/ram with it. The power supplies they use are cheap and barely last 12 months of use (conveniently the minimum legal warranty on them). They die in such a way they they output incorrect voltage damaging other bits and also constantly turn off and on different voltages.

If you want to fix it start with a new power supply, other wise go buy a new computer, every thing in them is cheap crap and having been exposed to the bad power supply, it only puts reliability in to further question. If the computer is in warranty get it replaced.

I have encountered several with this problem, all with similar symptoms. When I connected there power supplies to other motherboards the power flickered on and off and did other strange things. Perhaps the cause of the problem is not the power supply but the motherboard, the problem then later extends to the power supply?

The CPU fan "flickers" when the PS switched in the back is flipped on

Thats normal.

More information is needed. the symptoms of the PC sound like its in Hibernation.

What caused the problem? has any new hardware been added? have you stipped her back and tried running it at bare minimum?