Mac Os.x Keychain

Hurricane

I have a mac os x keychain file that i need to get the contents of (i.e. usernames and passwords)

I have all three types of os'es at my disposal but need to find some way of cracking that file without knowing the password

I know that it is not going to be an easy endeavour but this is something i really need to do ...

I have a mac os x keychain file that i need to get the contents of (i.e. usernames and passwords)

I have all three types of os'es at my disposal but need to find some way of cracking that file without knowing the password

I know that it is not going to be an easy endeavour but this is something i really need to do ...

If you can find something that can crack 128 bit 3DES encryption you're golden. Just to let you know, the banking industry uses this type of encryption for their electronic transfers, so it's probably not easily crackable. Most likely in the same boat as brute forcing a good wpa2 password.

If you have the patience and computing power, you can try your luck with lcrack. This will only crack passwords that are in the word list you use, so if they chose a really good password then no.

Edit: Nevermind. You'd have to write your own plugin I supplose:

Currently the formats supported are: standard MD4 hash, standard MD5 hash, NT MD4/Unicode, Lotus Domino HTTP password (R4) and SHA-1. LM (LAN Manager) support added by Piero Brunati, see below.

• 2 weeks later...