is my computer Secure?

GHRYGGZ

If money is no object and you really want a good firewall for windows, look into http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/default.mspx

else i vote for smoothwall

A Microsoft firewall... :?

I realy wouldn't trust such a thing to be open to the Internet... might be ok behind a NAT router... but the only thing stopping a flood of misc internet trafic... I think not...

A Microsoft firewall... Confused

I realy wouldn't trust such a thing to be open to the Internet... might be ok behind a NAT router... but the only thing stopping a flood of misc internet trafic... I think not...

ISA is really good, and quite fun. A lot of large companies as well as the government use it. What it works well at is intergrating with all of Microsofts other products and in large situations. For home use it is impractical, and not just because of its cost.

I was recently given a Nokia IP 560 and if you can afford it, it’s one of the best firewalls money can buy, it’s designed for large businesses and features Firewall protection, DHCP support, VPN, BOOTP support, ARP support, DiffServ support, IPv6 support and has Gigabit Ethernet.

One of the best things about it is that it supports 58,000 connections per second and delivers over 6 Gbps of firewall throughput and 1.9 Gbps throughput of encrypted traffic for VPN data.