my Fonero

Hey there,

I just wanted to show you my fon-router.

After I did the first flashing the fon spent quite some time in my locker.

Then I started reading a tutorials about iptables and routing in general. It took me around a week to get the forwarding running. The next problem was to get DNS and DHCP running. After about another week I decided to drop my idea because I found this tutorial:

http://dimitar.me/?p=277

(I've got Debian on my notebook)

I've got a lot of fun with modding, and I like to learn new stuff, so it was clear for me to make a few modifications.

The first thing I did, was to add a second connector for an antenna.

Then I added the batterypack and a switch to turn it off and on, without the need to unplug it.

The last thing was to add the sd-card-slot, after I found a tutorial on the net.

http://www.larsen-b.com/Article/262.html

I flashed piranha 2 alpha 4 with Jasager on my fon.

But one problem I've got is to get a working mmc-driver for kernel-version 2.6.26.5.

If you know where I can find a working driver for piranha 2 or you know where I get the source to compile the driver myself, let me know

here you've got a few pictures:

post-14211-1243546743_thumb.jpg

post-14211-1243546758_thumb.jpg

post-14211-1243546769_thumb.jpg

post-14211-1243628438_thumb.jpg

post-14211-1243628447_thumb.jpg

But one problem I've got is to get a working mmc-driver for kernel-version 2.6.26.5

To be honest, this is a bit surprising to me. Piranha 2 ships with a working mmc-driver for kernel 2.6.26.5 pre-installed and even pre-configured for use with the Fonera. Thus it should just work out-of-the-box and is reported so by several other Piranha 2 users.

Could you please give some more insight into the particular issue you have with it?

The pre-configuration is based upon http://code.bastart.eu.org/files/fon_mmc/#instructions

thanks for the information. To be honest, I didn't try it without installing a new driver.

You're welcome! I'm not sure if you got me right though... there's no need at all to install the driver. It's PRE-installed and PRE-configured. Just flash Piranha 2 and it should work without any other user interaction besides mounting the MMC card... supported filesystems are vfat and ext2.

Hey there,

@ or4n9e

I just flashed a fresh Install of Piranha 2 on the fon, but I can't see the /dev/mmc device, does i t have a differnt name?

I just wondered, if there is a possibility to hook up a switch between GND and on of the unused gpio-pins, and if it would be possible to boot with different boot-scripts depending on if the switch is opened or close(either trying to get an internet-connection, or starting jasager) .How could I read out the signals on the gpio-pins? And the other pin might be used to connect a fourth LED that would show it the fon is connected to the internet or not.

Another thing I just realized, with wlanconfig it is possible get virtual devices running if you have madwifi installed. So if Jasager is running on the fon, shouldn't it be possible to get a bridge working over a second virtual device in ad-hoc mode, that is connected to a virtuall device in ad-hoc-mode in my Notebook?

After about another week I decided to drop my idea because I found this tutorial:

http://dimitar.me/?p=277

(I've got Debian on my notebook)

I flashed the new Piranha 2 on my fon, and have followed the instructions on the dimitar page there. I've been trying for about a week to get it working in Ubuntu on my laptop. I'm pretty sure I have everything set up on the Ubuntu side, but i think i'm missing something on the Fon. The instructions in the tutorial aren't for this LuCi interface.

I think what i need to know is what the settings under Network -> LAN and WAN should be. DHCP, Bridged...? I have tried a lot of combinations. Clients connect, and get an IP (most of the time) but can't get it to dish out internet.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

I just flashed a fresh Install of Piranha 2 on the fon, but I can't see the /dev/mmc device, does i t have a differnt name?

I myself have no MMC card attached to my fon, but here's the logread output of another Piranha 2 user

Feb 6 02:08:43 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: gpio-mmc: Failed to request mmc_spi module.
Feb 6 02:08:43 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mmc_spi spi32766.0: SD/MMC host mmc0, no DMA, no WP, no poweroff
Feb 6 02:08:43 OpenWrt user.info kernel: gpio-mmc: MMC-Card "fonera" attached to GPIO pins di=1, do=3, clk=4, cs=7
Feb 6 02:08:43 OpenWrt user.warn kernel: mmc_spi spi32766.0: can't change chip-select polarity
Feb 6 02:08:44 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mmc0: new SDHC card on SPI
Feb 6 02:08:44 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mmcblk0: mmc0:0000 SU04G 3979776KiB
Feb 6 02:08:44 OpenWrt user.info kernel: mmcblk0:
Feb 6 02:08:44 OpenWrt user.info kernel: p1

Please compare this with your own logread output. If it matches, the 1st MMC card partition should be /dev/mmcblk0p1

I juswondered, if there is a possibility to hook up a switch between GND and on of the unused gpio-pins, and if it would be possible to boot with different boot-scripts depending on if the switch is opened or close(either trying to get an internet-connection, or starting jasager) .How could I read out the signals on the gpio-pins? And the other pin might be used to connect a fourth LED that would show it the fon is connected to the internet or not.

That's indeed a great idea - I have no experiences with it though. If you'll be able to come up with a reasonable solution, I'd be definitely willing to introduce your custom boot-scripts into upcoming Piranha versions - let me know please.

Another thing I just realized, with wlanconfig it is possible get virtual devices running if you have madwifi installed. So if Jasager is running on the fon, shouldn't it be possible to get a bridge working over a second virtual device in ad-hoc mode, that is connected to a virtuall device in ad-hoc-mode in my Notebook?

I flashed the new Piranha 2 on my fon, and have followed the instructions on the dimitar page there. I've been trying for about a week to get it working in Ubuntu on my laptop. I'm pretty sure I have everything set up on the Ubuntu side, but i think i'm missing something on the Fon. The instructions in the tutorial aren't for this LuCi interface.

I think what i need to know is what the settings under Network -> LAN and WAN should be. DHCP, Bridged...? I have tried a lot of combinations. Clients connect, and get an IP (most of the time) but can't get it to dish out internet.

To be honest, I have not that much of a clue about Jasager at all. I never used it by myself (yet) and just introduced it into Piranha 2 due to requests digininja and myself had out of the Hak5 community. digininja, would you please provide appropriate support to our fellow community members here?

Thanks,

orange

Hey there!

@digivore,

I had the same problem with the LuCi-interface that you have, what I did was not configuring the dhcp-server over the LuCi-interface, but using the direct configure files to do the work, you can pretty much copy and paste from this thread:

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic...irelessly\

one thing, that seems to make problems in my setup is the autoassigning of IPs.

I don't have windows on my laptop, so I can't test how it works with windows, but if I want to connect with my slackware-eeepc I have to get myself an IP with dhclient.

an Orange,

danke für den Log-Eintrag.

bei dem boot-script würde ich einfach ein script in den /etc/rc.d reinpacken, dass den status der gpio-pins abfragt und je nachdem entweder das eine script startet oder das andere. Das Verbindungsskript, dass ich angedacht habe ist eines welches ich für mein Laptop geschrieben habe. Was es im groben macht, ist einfach dass nächstbeste WEP-netz rauszusuchen, und ein paar befehle an die aircrack-suite weiterzuleiten, sodass am ende nur noch eine Datei erstellt wird, die die AP-mac im namen hat und als inhalt den key.

es müssten wohl noch ein paar Anpassungen der dhcp/iptables-conf-files vorgenommen weden, damit die weiterleitung hinhaut, aber das sollte kein Problem sein.

die boot-alternative wäre einfach ein script, welches ganz normal jasager startet, jedoch auch gleich aktiviert.

One small problem I found while doing the fragment-attack is, that aireplay-ng needs an input (y/n) while doing it's work. Does anyone know a way to write-out ether y"enter" or n"enter" depending on the size and type of the recieved packet. I think I need some kind of event-manager, that would react each time, when the aireplay-fragment-attack recieves a new packet.

What I'm trying to do is simply to automate the hole aireplay-ng/packetforge-ng-stuff that is needed for the fragment-attack, so I just have to start the script.

thanks,

Arthur

Hey there,

I've got pretty much the same logs until:

OpenWrt user.warn kernel: mmc_spi spi32766.0: can't change chip-select polarity

the next entry in my log is:

OpenWrt user.err kernel: mmc0: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card

and that's all, does anyone have an idea?

JFYI, I notified our MMC guru at FoneraHacks via PM about your problem. I hope that he'll find the time to support you here. As I myself have no MMC card at all I guess I'll be of very little help here. One thing though... have you properly partitioned the MMC card with either a vfat or an ext2 filesystem(recommended)?

hi,

@ orange,

thanks for youre help, I didn't partition it with fdisk, though I "formated" it with mkfs.ext2.

And still there is no /dev/mmc-device, I'll have to check the logs again.

I got some information about the switch I'm planning to add to my fon for the different boot-options. It seems that the gpio-module is loaded only for a short amount of time, at bootup, and is unloaded again, when the mmc driver is loaded(at least I was told so). My Idea is to save the position of the switch at bootup to some file in the /tmp/ before the gpio-module is unloaded. But it looks like I have to write a small c programm to read out the position of the switch.

have fun

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

after taking a short brake, I'm back at my fon.

I couldn't get my ssd to work on piranha 2. I checked the soldering, but everything is soldered right. So it might be the ssd-card, I tried it with two 1GB cards.

If it doesn't work out, I'll have to try another version of OpenWRT. would be a lot of work to install the hole packets, to get the functionality, I'll want and love about piranha 2. So guys, the question I've got is, does the ssd-driver in piranha 2 work for ssd-sdhc cards, and how do I install additional packets on the ssd-card, once I'll get it to work.

have fun,

Arthur