Where did your handle come from?

moonlit

well mine is neochivers (duhh)

its my only ever handle ...

i chose it as at the time i was OBSESSED with the Matrix and my sur-name is chivers so neochivers became in early 2000 and has stayen since ..

a note though only has 1 person ever called me neochivers in person, it was this wee girl that reconised my pic of msn and was like "NEOOOO! NEEOOO! Neochivers is that you?" later she and i had some "fun" :P

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first nick around 98 was Meltdown just happened to see Simpsons intro....

>>>

>>>

After a hiatus at one point I returned to my passion for computers(bad women are bad and get worse) looking to create a new nick and website... I then tried to come up with a logo first but nothing ever came to be I then had recently play a mario bros game on an emulator and tried to build a nick around a ghost(boo)... still nothing next tried to make a gangster ghost and started slamming words together and got lowghost which morphed in to logost which gets mistaken as logos at times. Which is kinda freaky.

The first nickname that I used on the internet was Lost247. The name ment that I was out of my mind 24/7. I chose that name for anonymity. That failed. I used it on many high traffic forums. Now many of the top links on Google for "lost247" point to me. I still use that name since I still like Megatokyo, Minitokyo, Samurize, etc.

Later I started using Neomaster247. I often shortened it to neo when possible. Then "The Matrix" hit theaters. I didn't see the movie until about 2 years later. People would always make some allusion to the movie so I decided to watch it, and I was only remotely amused. I have seen no evidence of anyone else use Neomaster247 so I basically own it, yet at seeing The Matrix I stoped using it.

I eventually made up the name Weapon of Chaos to use in games and fantasy writing. It's a neet name to have when playing a game made by Square Enix. "Hi! I'm Chaos Weapon." Fun stuff. Some other people have used this one, but only a few and I never though there would be the possibility of me ever encountering the whole 2 or 3 other people that use that name. That was until I met someone using the name WeaponOfChaos on Battle.net. I thought I had lost my mind.

More recently I have been using the name Lunatic Experimentalist. I like to do experiments in programming so toke the words 'mad scientist' and then found rough synonyms. I normally try to keep it full length whenever I don't have to type it over and over, but it is a long name. Due to the difficulty of just typing the name I am using, I quickly made a short for it. The first name that popped into my head was, of course 'Luna', but, as much as I would like to abuse control over other people by using a feminine name in the mostly male world of nerds, that was so wrong that it was too wrong. I eventually decided to just use the first 3 and 2 letters of each word making 'Lunex'.

My Dutch "DeGrijze" nickname (translated to Englisch is "TheGrayone") came from the the collor of my head hair (when its not shaven) and facial hair. :lol:

One of my (now19 years old) kids just to call me "DeGrijze" and it just grow on me.

:wink:

Gerard

well killzone is just the handle i use on this forum, and associated activities.

Me and my buddies were joking about dangerzone's one night and enjoying a few wobbley pops. I had a few too many and didnt quite follow the conversation and shouted "My danger zone is a killzone" and it became an inside joke.

My handle in DOD_S is Gurney, after the baddass Character from Dune. I can be found on quite a few servers Usually in the top 7 rankings almost every night.

i've gone through a bunch of nicks and sn's over the years but only a few of em ever stuck. ghost>ghost187>lonewolfsniper> and now lonewolf. got the name ghost years back cuz i would be with a group of friends, and when things got boring would just walk off most times unnoticed, then when i'd lose interest with whatever i left the group for, i'd catch up to the group and walk quietly with 'em til someone noticed i was there. many times i was referred to as a ghost cuz i just sort of appeared and dissapeared in and out of thin air. the whole 187 thing was added shortly after due to so many people using ghost, at the time of tryin to think of some other name i overheard on the tv some movie cop yellin something about 187 and i just went with it til i paid attention it was the code for homicide, by then it was a lil late to change the name. so then came lonewolfsniper, at the time of creating it i was real interested in the military (snipers if you couldnt tell) all the while i was also the sniper for any and all games that involved some gun with a scope be it paintball or socom. according to the indian side of my family, the wolf was considered to be my spiritual guide. i mixed the thoughts of my spirit guide, my wanting to be a sniper, and the fact that at times im a bit of a loner together and came about with lonewolfsniper. it was later shortened to lonewolf for the single wolf tooth i wear around my neck and rogue-ish like attitude and affinity towards the night time hours.

Name of my favourite Lego dude from whan I was a kid - mispelt of course, I was about 8 years old then.

Used name for my first D&D character back in 87.

Used it as my handle when I got into the BBS scene in 90. Kept the mispelling, haven't used anything else.

i've gone through a bunch of nicks and sn's over the years but only a few of em ever stuck. ghost>ghost187>lonewolfsniper> and now lonewolf. got the name ghost years back cuz i would be with a group of friends, and when things got boring would just walk off most times unnoticed, then when i'd lose interest with whatever i left the group for, i'd catch up to the group and walk quietly with 'em til someone noticed i was there. many times i was referred to as a ghost cuz i just sort of appeared and dissapeared in and out of thin air. the whole 187 thing was added shortly after due to so many people using ghost, at the time of tryin to think of some other name i overheard on the tv some movie cop yellin something about 187 and i just went with it til i paid attention it was the code for homicide, by then it was a lil late to change the name. so then came lonewolfsniper, at the time of creating it i was real interested in the military (snipers if you couldnt tell) all the while i was also the sniper for any and all games that involved some gun with a scope be it paintball or socom. according to the indian side of my family, the wolf was considered to be my spiritual guide. i mixed the thoughts of my spirit guide, my wanting to be a sniper, and the fact that at times im a bit of a loner together and came about with lonewolfsniper. it was later shortened to lonewolf for the single wolf tooth i wear around my neck and rogue-ish like attitude and affinity towards the night time hours.

Nice background and I totally dig your signature. I am a mad keen Punisher fan. been reading it since '88

HAHAH that was a great set!!!!! A bunch of my Family works at legos, my uncle is actually a master model builder there. He has worked on most of the major Display models in the last 10 years or so.

I got to play with and move the Fenway Park Model Lego built for them a couple years ago!!

HAHAH that was a great set!!!!! A bunch of my Family works at legos, my uncle is actually a master model builder there. He has worked on most of the major Display models in the last 10 years or so.

I got to play with and move the Fenway Park Model Lego built for them a couple years ago!!

Dude I am so jealous of you. When I was a kid I was completely Lego mad. I got teased when I was 14-15 and still buying it lol

My mom went to Virginia for a weekend her friend gave me his Xbox, it came with a Xbox Live gamertag with it named Tylenol7. When that expired, I decided to stick with the medicine name. So, I chose advil.

My first handle ever was Seven or Se7en, I used it with some online games and when skateboarding I often tagged it on my board with a marker.

My second handle was/is (still in use but on other forums) Jump in the fire, a song from the band Metallica which I both like a lot. Often used is JITF for short.

And my current one Schizma, is a Hardcore/Punk band from Poland. My Polish is pretty much zero, but they have several songs in English. And I like those a lot too. Plus I liked the name Schizma when I read it.

my handle was from "the Matrix"

the lil programmer who made the lady in the red dress he sorta looks like me and we kinda think alot

after a while it became cute and girls loved yelling it at me so i decided to stick with it

using mouse i decided to use 1337 and it became m0u53

so thats what i put on everything even my site

m0u53.com

its just what im called

my real name is jonathan landry tho

although now hearing this would be kinda awkward