Where did your handle come from?

moonlit

ok my handle has absolutly nothing to do with my name :D.

i came up with the handle Zaeth way back ago when i first got into gaming. I have no idea where i even got it from. then i went to DZ the D was for my first name (David) and Z was for zaeth. then for no reason i dropped the D and went with the plain Z. then i wanted to go to a lan party so i signed up on their forums but Z was taken so i decided to change it to TheZ. I sort of think of it as The last because Z is the last letter in the alphabet.

and so there it is..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i came up with the handle Zaeth way back ago when i first got into gaming. I have no idea where i even got it from. then i went to DZ the D was for my first name (David) and Z was for zaeth. then for no reason i dropped the D and went with the plain Z. then i wanted to go to a lan party so i signed up on their forums but Z was taken so i decided to change it to TheZ. I sort of think of it as The last because Z is the last letter in the alphabet.

and so there it is..

I rather like the name TheZ for some reason. And also are you a big disturbed fan? Cause looks like you got the image in your sig from disturbed. http://www.myspace.com/disturbed . And if you're not then why not cause disturbed is possibly the best band ever.

and so there it is..

I rather like the name TheZ for some reason. And also are you a big disturbed fan? Cause looks like you got the image in your sig from disturbed. http://www.myspace.com/disturbed . And if you're not then why not cause disturbed is possibly the best band ever.

yeah disturbed is awesome. that is exactly where it came from :D

kewl thread!

well I have had a few, scorpius (when I was really into James Bond) then smurph, which i still use from a real life nick name, TisSmurphi3 is just expounded on smurph (who is it... Oh! tis smurphie)and finally

anyedie

its a really simple... code I guess I thought of it one day, it has to do with a standard keyboard, and if you look close enough you can figure out what anyedie means... I challenge someone to find out.

Oh. PS- check the forums the next couple of days.. if you like cryptos I thought of a pretty neat one I'm going to post here as a challenge!

[edit]

Ahh right.. the nickname evolution thing...

Mistermothafockingbrain, mr.brain, brein, LordAreon, arkalite, zer0frost, sub, temperseed.

[/edit]

temperseed describes how i get from the coolest, nicest guy in the world to the biggest flamer in the world... basically i got a real bad temper and it grows like a seed, it doesnt show up right away but you need to keep pushing untill the tree finally comes out of the earth and everyone is shocked.

:roll: kinda weird reason to have a nickname... its either that or how my friends call me mistermothafockingbrain... but its just too damn long. :P

Back in the 80's I was djg or Sysop*Dan when I ran my BBS.

When I got into online PC gaming I was MiniMe.

Cause it was a little me, especially in that Half life DM map of the giant kitchen. :)

Then I was Thirdfret. Guitar player, obviously. :)

And now I'm Atari6502, for my love of the original Atari 8-bit computers, which used the MOS 6502 Microprocessor.

Oddly i've never owned a 2600. Started with the 400.

When I was about 15 I hung out a lot with a friend who had one of those "CB radios" (we called them 27mc's but I don't know why). Since I was told you needed to use a nickname when talking there, I had to come up with something. Around that time british comedian Tommy Cooper, known for his magic acts in which half the fun lay in his tricks either keeping on working when his act was supposed to be over, or not working at all and he's trying to figure out why (which typically meant it worked somewhere else on stage) had just died. We share the same first name and with him dead I figured his last name was now officially available again. :D

Around that time I was also very much into Iron Maiden and had a large patch stiched to the back of my jacket for The Trooper. Because of this when I started with this nickname stuff I was Cooper The Trooper, but that was swiftly shortened to just Cooper.

Later as the internet appeared and I began doing stuff that wouldn't be looked kindly upon by the authorities I kept on using Cooper because it's an incredibly common name. Good luck finding out stuff about me using my nickname and Google. :)

The downside of having a common word as nickname is that it tends to be taken in the more public places on the internet (like, say, Last.fm). For those places I use the nickname Administraitor simply because it made me laugh when I thought it up, and tends to have the same effect on other more geekly people out there. It tends to bring up visions of the BOFH which I find both entertaining and appropriate. :)

In 1998, my father bought the family our first computer, it was a Packard bell with a 333 MHz athlon K6 with 64 MB of ram and a whopping 6.5 gigs of hard drive. Ever sense then, everybody associated me with the computer, thus the name Computer_Kid. So far, I am the only "Computer_kid" on the net. Proof: google

In 1998, my father bought the family our first computer, it was a Packard bell with a 333 MHz athlon K6 with 64 MB of ram and a whopping 6.5 gigs of hard drive. Ever sense then, everybody associated me with the computer, thus the name Computer_Kid. So far, I am the only "Computer_kid" on the net. Proof: google

1998 that’s late to get a first computer I was given my first one in 1982.

Same here, only difference is I wasn't born till '83. Can anyone remeber a helicopter combat game from back then? MS DOS, and pretty much the first computer memory I have.

Oh man to long a list.

J0k3r5pawn (Jokers pawn got it after being sent to the asylum) -> crzypainballer (Played paint ball and in a five hit game I ran out in the open and got hit a wee to much) -> Employee (I would do stupid//illegal things for money) -> Credit (I have alot of money laying around my house and my friends say I need a credit card and im just too young hehehe and sadly to say I was stoned out of my mind)

I'm ony 17

• 1 month later...

First I was sillyperson5033. I thought they were just random numbers, but it turns out they were the last 4 digits of a girl's phone number. For a while I was known as MPenguin or Master Penguin. Then for a few years I was known as TsujiGiriPenguin which is a mashing of Japanese: Tsuji Giri meaning serial killer. But most places I chatted on, everyone misread it as TsujiGirlPenguin, and I'm not the kind that likes getting hit on by guys.

The penguins actually did not come from Linux. They came from the penguins at either ends of the show Beakman's World, which I loved as a kid. But after I got into Linux I stopped saying it wasn't from Linux because saying the same story gets old.

Then back in high school I had a computer teacher who would call my Erroneous, which sounds kind of like a greek version of my name (Aaron). That and my favorite error message in the Borland C++ 3.0 compiler being "Error: Erroneous Code". So I started using that.

I acquired mine from beating level six's Dragon Lord.

But seriously, I'ts my username for everything, and has been for a very long time.

I can't remember quite where it came from. I think it was a nick-name from my friends bitch girl-friend. God, i hated her.