Videos of Games you used to play *before* you were a teenager

wetelectric

A colleague has a five year old son and was telling us about the games he was introducing him to (sonic). This got us into a discussion about the old games we loved before we hit puberty. They seemed to be a lot more wholesome.

Tenuous link over:

This is a game called "Chop Suey". It was on the Atari 65xe. It took about 20mins to load from a tape. I think I was like 7 or 8 when I was into this.

Good

:)

I've shown you mine...

010_01_defender_of_the_crown.jpg

Dun-dun-duh-dun... Dun-dun-duh-dun... Duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-dun-dun-duh-dun!

Defender of the Crown, 1986

(Amiga, DOS, NES, Atari ST, Spectrum, CD-i, Amstrad CPC, C64, Macintosh and Apple IIGS.)

. I never did get the hang of jousting, and my games were never over that quickly (at least the few games I won weren't...)

magic_pockets.gif

Magic Pockets, 1991

(Amiga, Atari ST, Amiga, Acorn Archimedes and PC.)

Flashback%20(1995)%20(U.S.%20Gold).jpg

Flashback, 1992

(Amiga, MS-DOS, Acorn Archimedes, Sega Mega Drive, Super Nintendo, 3DO, Apple Macintosh, Atari Jaguar, CD-i, FM Towns, MS-DOS and Sega CD. Also emulated on the iPhone in 2009.)

Video of first level.

civ-5.jpg

Civilization, 1991

(PC, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST, PlayStation, N-Gage and SNES.)

lemmings.png

Lemmings, 1991

(Too many platforms to list here.)

Video of entire game,

and

stuntsgb6.gif

Stunts, 1990

(Amiga, PC.)

Loderunner_Legend.gif

Lode Runner: The Legend Returns, 1994

Lode Runner Online: Mad Monks' Revenge, 1995

(Windows and Mac OS 8.)

veraliton@hotmail.com_18hr_Chiki%20Chiki

Chiki Chiki Boys (Mega Twins), 1991

(Arcade, Atari ST, Amiga, Mega Drive, PC Engine, PSP, PlayStation 2 and Xbox.)

Video of gameplay.

@moonlit - Flashback was the most awesome game ever when I was a kid. (btw, the pic you show, is that not flashback 2 for snes?)

I'm not sure actually, I think I had Flashback 1 for SNES and it looked a lot like that.... I could be wrong though, it was a long time ago. :P

Mortal Kombat II 1993

3551524581_c8b9856f51_o.jpg

(Arcade, Sega Gensis "Mega Drive", Sega 32X, Playstation, PSN, Sega Game Gear, Nintento GameBoy, Super Nintendo, Sega Saturn, Atari Lynx "never left prototype" Pirated to NES, Xbox, PS2 probably more)

OutRun, can't remember on which console though. I remember I had a joystick! :)

The first GameBoy (The HUGE yellow one with black and white or.. light green or black..? )

- Super Mario Land!

- Pokemon Red

- Donkey Kong

Playstation One

- Tekken 3

- GTA

- Fifa - NHL etc..

and loads of other titles!

I'm not as old as you guys so my console are not as "retro" as yours :)

@moonlit - The first Flashback was much less graphical and a lot more dark than that one. You can get it for free now though! I got my copy snagged. It's abandonware, but just hard to find lately.

here's a screenshot of the origional (called "Out of this world: Another World")

another_world-3.gif

BTW: you can snag your's here: Out of this world: PC, Amiga, or SegaCD

www.thehouseofgames.net great place for old abandonware.

BTW @Geeek - OutRun was on ALOT of consoles but back in the day it was best on the Sega Master System which I always wanted... Got to play it for like a week back in the 90's though.

BBTW! my fav racing game back in the day: Virtua Racing -Arcade Version.. Which was very technologically advanced for it's time and included many things that spawned into later racing games and games in general.

First games I played where

Paratrooper- http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/203

J-bird- http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/680/J-Bird.html

Digger- http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/4069/Digger+(1983).html I loved that game

Centipede- http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/995/Centipede.html

There are some other games that I can't remember, One was I think you where like a ninja or a ass kicking guy and where fighting guys in the streets, It was a DOS game, If anyone knows what I'm talking about please let me know I would love to play that game.

There are some other games that I can't remember, One was I think you where like a ninja or a ass kicking guy and where fighting guys in the streets, It was a DOS game, If anyone knows what I'm talking about please let me know I would love to play that game.

Shinobi?