Free 3 UK PAYG dongle

SWFu

No, because the payment system is/may be very insecure.

Edit: That said, if you use prepaid/gift debit/credit card, it looks like the offer is legit and people are getting the dongles just fine with no overcharging or missing dongles.

well ive just ordered one with debit card,

i will post up if/when i get order,

m bank wont let any more than 4.95 go so im ok with been over charged, coupled with the fact that i only transfered 4.95 to that account makes me pritty safe lmao

:)

I don't live in the UK, but I was wondering, with so many people buying these, is there some sort of hack or something. I see that its not so much free as it is Pay as you go.

mobile.jpg

I also remember hearing something about using them by tunneling over DNS, which effectivly makes them work even without paying. Maybe that was something else. Does anyone know if these can be modded or hacked in a way to use them in the US?

It was the dongle which was being advertised as free, not the data charges. If DNS tunneling did work, it'd probably be slow as balls.

But if what you were doing was urgent, you'd be glad for that "ball slow" connection.

Ive just ordered one and hope its here soon.

not exactly a hack but if you unlock it and throw a o2 pay and go 3g iphone sim in and top up £10 you can get net for a year

Im interested in this. Ive unlocked my device following the guide moonlit posted, and would like to get the free net. I already have the O2 free net on my iphone but I had to set that up using a special iphone page. How would I go about setting up this for the 3G Modem?

far as i know ( i havent tried it myself as im waiting for my dongle to be delivered )

you just pop the o2 sim in then set the apn settings for the o2 network

If you do work out how to do it, please share it with us :D

far as i know ( i havent tried it myself as im waiting for my dongle to be delivered )

you just pop the o2 sim in then set the apn settings for the o2 network

That's pretty much it, yeah, add the O2 GPRS/HSDPA settings to the config app (whether you chose the one for download on that page or the one in the new firmware on the modem) and you should be able to connect.

Well I ordered mine today finally.

I was interested and horrified to see that the payment screens didn't default to HTTPS :blink:

Then even more horrified when the Certificate they used wasn't valid for that domain!

Don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I'd be careful if anyone else goes through the process.

Well I ordered mine today finally.

I was interested and horrified to see that the payment screens didn't default to HTTPS :blink:

Then even more horrified when the Certificate they used wasn't valid for that domain!

Don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I'd be careful if anyone else goes through the process.

I did notice this, so I used a disposable credit card number (thank you paypal) so even if it was snooped, the most available was £5.

well mine was posted while i was away for a long weekend, all original 3 product.

i did mention i had the Hewiei E170 and it cost me £12 to unlock it from dc-unlocker.

well think the mrs will have this one after its unlocked, well worth the money i think ;)

still waiting for my dongle but have found the unlocking software for it already

ZTE 627 unlocker

darkbluebox from what i can gather your settings for o2 should be

O2

Internet

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk

Username: mobileweb

Password: password

Primary DNS: 192.113.200.200

Secondary DNS: 192.113.200.201

SMTP gateway (for email): smtp.o2.co.uk

or just copy the settings from your iphone

if these settings are different from what your iphone has ( as you stated you had to set it up) could you post them please thanks

ok slight update ive just been informed the details are apn payandgo.o2.co.uk

username vertigo

password = password

but the simcard has to have the free net package enabled

None of the unlockers in this thread get you free internet, that's not the point of them, the point is to unlock the modem so you can use whichever network's SIM card you wish. Example: If you prefer Orange's data tariffs, you can't normally use their SIMs in these modems, but if you unlock them then you can.

The only exception is if you have a non-Three SIM which has some kind of free internet package on it in which case yes, you would be able to use such a SIM in an unlocked modem.

lol moonlit, is the unlocker free to use i meant

i asked as when i unlocked ny E170 i used dc-unlocker and i had to pay £12 to unlock it

i then ment i wont be using the dongle until i go away in the future so just asking if was free

thanks for the post tho, glad your there to help if i do ask a noob like question ;)