Intellectial Property

wetelectric

"The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) has granted thousands of patents on human genes – in fact, about 20 percent of our genes are patented. A gene patent holder has the right to prevent anyone from studying, testing or even looking at a gene. As a result, scientific research and genetic testing has been delayed, limited or even shut down due to concerns about gene patents."

Sometimes I think we're a doomed species.

If a gene patent holder wants/tries to prevent anyone from studying, testing or even looking at a gene, just tell that person to f*ck off and get a life, then you continue your research :P

I'm going to file a patent for my Penis. Don't anyone else try using theirs to reproduce ever again without my permission or filing for license access to do so. Also, I'm gonna file one for Vaginas, so you ladies out their making money on Santa Monica BLVD, stop paying your pimps, and send me a check!

Patents on things like Genes themselves is retarded. I could see a patent on the research someone did to make a device that saves lives or something, or for the device itself, but on physical parts of the body, is just retarded and not ethical by any means. You can't own my body parts or the material we are made of. Thats just silly.

On another note, Microsoft just got a patent for crippling your computer until you pay them money to uncripple it.

http://gizmodo.com/5261677/microsoft-wins-...ntil-you-pay-up

THe actual patent: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?...RS=PN/7,536,726