Unable to access to 192.168.1.1 (wenif)

Hi guys , Im really a Noob to this jasanger project so i got myself a Commissioned Pineapple . Just got it a few hours ago and being curious i went to 192.168.1.1 (webif) and navigated to Network and changed it from Static IP to dhcp (not sure what was the option) after that i can access karma or openwrt page . Despite the fact the pineapple give me an ip Please help :(

Did i borke my new wifi pineapple ;)

Help needed ? for noob

Assuming you meant you can't access Jasager or webif...

If you changed it from having a static IP address to having a dhcp one then it will be looking for a dhcp server to give it an address. Are you running a dhcp server? If you are then check its logs and see what IP address it gives out or if it doesn't have logs just do a ping scan of the subnet it uses and you'll spot the fon that way.

If you don't have a dhcp server you'll need to set one up. How to do that depends on what OS you are running.

If you can access the pages then not sure what the problem is.

Earlier

post-14088-1242820228_thumb.png

I restarted and everything was back to normal pheww, Im really paranoid when messing with my wifi pineapple. By the way Digininja thanks a lot but i have a few question that i may seek you/anyone's kind advise

1#Im using this mobile broadband thingy to access internet http://spedr.com/4zwis so my question here is can i "call the herd" via my wifi card and use ICS on my Mobile broadband to let everyone the surf the net while im sitting in middle capturing all the packets .

If that is possible can you guide what are option in Jasager i need to configure etc IP...

2# In the webinf option there is a option for connection and followed by "type" . Should i set the type to none or bridged

So sorry ,im seriously a noob :( :(

Im using win xp sp 2

Question 1: Just setup ICS, internet connection sharing, there are plenty of threads on here about that and there is a guide in the wiki. I don't run windows so can't really help any further than pointing at guides.

Q2: probably leave it as is. If Darren set it up for you then the you shouldn't need to change any of the network settings on the Fon. If it is running on 192.168.1.1 and you can see it from your machine then you are on the same subnet and the connection is bridged. To check this just connect a client via wifi and see if it can see your windows box. If pings don't work it could be the firewall not a connection problem.

Thanks a lot Digi,

Just to clarify

If a Victim aka my laptop have previously accessed a lot of "free wifi hotspots" by right if Karma is turned on i should be seeing all thoose wifi hotspots(startbucks) showing up in Windows Wireless Manager . this does not apply for those wifi hotspots that i have connected previously with a WEP / WPA Key. Am i confusing you ? once again thanks man :D

Not quite. When the windows drivers are turned on they start sending out probes for any APs that they have previously seen and that are also set to auto connect. Depending on the driver, once they get a probe response they will then stop probing and start handshaking. If they haven't gone through their full list then they will only show results for the ESSIDs they received probe responses for.

For WEP and WPA, that depends on your driver. Some will negotiate down to the lowest common encryption, in this case, none. Others will only work with the AP if it is the same level as it is expecting. Because of this, sometimes you will see a client connecting then disconnecting very quickly as they ask for encryption, get told there is none so stop the connection and carry on looking for a new AP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys , finally Ive got some time to test out my Pineapple but im having some problems when i wanted simulate what darren did on episode-412 http://www.hak5.org/episodes/episode-412

Dont quote me just a Noob learning

My so called "Hacking Enviroment " consists of 2 laptop running windows xp , wifi Pineapple , an ICS’d HSPDA connection

My question here is how to configure the wifi pineapple aka fon so when a client connect to the fon it will direct them to my ICS’d HSPDA connection.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys , finally Ive got some time to test out my Pineapple but im having some problems when i wanted simulate what darren did on episode-412 http://www.hak5.org/episodes/episode-412

Dont quote me just a Noob learning

My so called "Hacking Enviroment " consists of 2 laptop running windows xp , wifi Pineapple , an ICS’d HSPDA connection

My question here is how to configure the wifi pineapple aka fon so when a client connect to the fon it will direct them to my ICS’d HSPDA connection.

Have a look in the wiki, there is a tutorial on setting up ICS and plenty of threads in here on troubleshooting it afterwards.