How to shut down Computer on Ethernet

jbohaj

Hi, is there any method to shut down the computer on Ethnernet by specifying their IP Address. I am trying it with DOS command = Shutdown -i, then I specify Correct IP of the destination computer. But the destination computer WONT shut down at all. A message appear. I will tell you soon that which Message appear.

Hi, is there any method to shut down the computer on Ethnernet by specifying their IP Address. I am trying it with DOS command = Shutdown -i, then I specify Correct IP of the destination computer. But the destination computer WONT shut down at all. A message appear. I will tell you soon that which Message appear.

Shutdown /h

Shutdown /r /f /m \\test2k3 /t 01

I could have sworn I already replied to his question...Guess someone deleted the other thread because he had two.

Yeah, it was here

digips response from that thread was:

You would probably be required to be networked to the pc with windows file sharing/microsoft family login, with admin rights over the pc in question(not simple file sharing, but prompted to login when trying to open a share or the machine). Usually via domain controller and activie directory, you would have admin rights over machines and could send shutdown, reboot, etc, type commands to a machine.

If you are not part of a domain or have access in such a manner, you could just enable RDP on the target machine and then login to shut them down or reboot them via RDP.