Piranha 2 + Jasager 2.1

Hey there..I've successfully flash Piranha to my fon.

I've logged into openwrt and had a nice look around and seen some interesting packages that i'd like to start mucking about with.

I've attempted to access Jasager on 192.168.1.1:1471 and was met by a login/password challenge screen.

The openwrt login allows access to Jasager for those who panic...heh like me.

I haven't yet tried Jasager actively with clients....but I'm waiting to see if the wpa issues are addressed, hopefully very soon.

I'm excited. :)

For now just ssh in and do

killall hostapd

to get rid of the WPA. I'm flat out with other stuff so even though this is a quick fix it isn't likely to be done soon unfortunately.

oh....so that's it?

no more development for now?

oh ok...maybe i'll just shelve the project for six months...

I'm sorry, but I have no more time to care about it currently. Piranha 2 alpha3/alpha4 is pretty stable and thus usable though - so, you don't need to shelve it. The only known error with alpha4=Jasager edition currently is, that you need to "killall hostapd" to destroy the wpa2-psk encrypted wireless ap Piranha 2 ships with by default and you'll be ready to use Jasager.

HTH orange

Am I correct in assuming that I should be using the openwrt-atheros-root.squashfs file when flashing using the Piranha procedure? Because the procedure found here is using the jffs2 filesystem image. Under what circumstances would I use the jffs2 image instead of the squashfs image? I see their sizes are quite different.

does hostapd need to be killed if wpa-psk has been removed and the fon is running with unencrypted wireless?

no, hostapd just takes care of the wpa2-psk encryption. If you configured Piranha 2 with an unencrypted network instead, there shouldn't be any hostapd running at all. digininja, please correct this if an unencrypted wireless has an impact on proper Jasager functionality as well.

Am I correct in assuming that I should be using the openwrt-atheros-root.squashfs file when flashing using the Piranha procedure? Because the procedure found here is using the jffs2 filesystem image. Under what circumstances would I use the jffs2 image instead of the squashfs image? I see their sizes are quite different.

It's just a matter of choice whether you flash the squashfs or the jffs2 image - both images contain exactly the same packages.

1. squashfs has a higher compression, thus smaller image size

2. jffs2 is r/w, while squashfs is r/o with jffs2 overlay (thus pseudo r/w - google mini_fo for more information on this). If you know knoppix with aufs/unionfs... mini_fo is pretty much the same

I never provided squashfs images in the past, but built them. To give the user the ultimate choice, I decided to upload both. Just decide on your personal preference which one to use!

best,

orange

Sigh...no worries...as long as you realise Digininja you're now hacker royalty in my book and you have certain responsibilities to your fans...lol

thanks guys..

I'll try, as long as the fans remember that they also need to give back. Either do some dev work, write tutorials, do testing or, if they can't bring themselves to do any of those, buy some stickers and support the projects.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll try, as long as the fans remember that they also need to give back. Either do some dev work, write tutorials, do testing or, if they can't bring themselves to do any of those, buy some stickers and support the projects.

Hey, could you post a couple quick ideas on tutorials you'd like written? Happy to contribute.

Hey, could you post a couple quick ideas on tutorials you'd like written? Happy to contribute.

I would really like to see a tutorial w/ screenshots on how to setup the Gargoyle LuCi interface for Internet Connection Sharing.

Bonus for a tutorial on setting up ICS in Ubuntu Linux!

Can that be done?

Thanks

After sleeping on it, I realized that my Fon was not in the 1000 series. Not sure why I was thinking that, but that is what I was referring to as an original Fon. Question answered after a good sleep.

Now to find a way around sending ^C to the fon w/o a serial cable through telnet. =/

Probably has been answered, but will this work on the Original Fon's? This is exactly what I was looking for for my Fon, when the project started anyways. I had started to do some work on getting these packages to work with openwrt, but time was not on my side.

This may be a total NOOB question, but I wanted to confirm myself.

If the 'Mark' sends out probe requests for a WEP or WPA AP, what does Der Jasager do with those?

it's not able to connect because the auth is not there right?

Der Jasager only works with open AP probe requests right?

I started thinking about that, because in one of the episodes, they discussed the 'Mark' sending out probes

for both their home network, as well as the Corporate one. ( Do many Corporate wifi networks use no encryption these days? ) or is Der Jasager able to say, 'Yes I'm that AP and Yes that is the correct encryption'? Letting the 'Mark' connect?

I am having the same problem i cant get an ip on the wirless or the wired.

It is a fon 2100

I have tried flashing both ways manually and using`fon flash and neither make a differance.

If i ssh into it is there anyway to restart or configure the dhcp server?

Should i try alpha 3 instead?

Thanks

This may be a total NOOB question, but I wanted to confirm myself.

If the 'Mark' sends out probe requests for a WEP or WPA AP, what does Der Jasager do with those?

it's not able to connect because the auth is not there right?

Der Jasager only works with open AP probe requests right?

I started thinking about that, because in one of the episodes, they discussed the 'Mark' sending out probes

for both their home network, as well as the Corporate one. ( Do many Corporate wifi networks use no encryption these days? ) or is Der Jasager able to say, 'Yes I'm that AP and Yes that is the correct encryption'? Letting the 'Mark' connect?

It all depends on your wifi supplicant as to how it is handled. Some will connect, try to negotiate the encryption protocol and end up dropping down to the highest denominator which will be none. Others will only stay connected if they get the encryption level they are expecting. You will notice this where the client associates then immediately disassociates. It looks like there is a bug somewhere but it is just the supplicant deciding that it won't work without the level of encryption it expects.

There is no way Jasager can simulate the encryption as it never knows the key so won't be able to complete handshakes.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...