Wow theyre getting smart

gcninja

Got this Todaypp.jpg

Check out the left, obviously SiteAdvisor knows its stuff, but it looks so real, even those pop out info menus work. On the right it looks so real as well, and with the "Delete accounts after 72hours" I wonder how well these people studied these things. My first scam thing, and its damn good job. Also, any way of reporting this?

Yes, copying a website is rocket science. What can I say? Crime does pay and pay well it does. Where's there is money, you'll always attract the best and the brightest. And too think that phishing websites like that are the lowest rung on the ladder.

On face value its pretty well done and does look legit. The url is pretty slack though and they could have been a little more creative. I remember a myspace phishing site that replaced the m with a r & n so it looked like rnyspace.com. I also noticed a lack of https =P

I did show the above to my mother and asked if she would log in, which she replied with yeah why? =0

Yeah there are some pretty good copies out there.

I was walking past family computer and saw my dad had been keeping emails walking back past he was a perfect replica of his online banking site just entering in his info... luckyily caught him before any damage was done.

I gave him a bollocking about emails after that and hopefully he's learned his lesson... They are so young at times :P

may I suggest replacing the letter l with the number 1 so the url is www.paypa1.com (thats if you guys don't have better suggestions/it isn't taken already).

Securitytube.net did a demo on a script that would search say paypal.com for all the above kind of variations and report back who owns each domain. In some cases the legit web host owner purchases these domain names up to stop such scams while others are phishing sites. Though it was interesting and worth mentioning.

By the way when your done post it up, I wouldn't mind taking a look at the finished product.

Someone should make a mock paypal site, but clearly display the logo as, "I can't believe its not PayPal" kind of like, "I can't believe its not Butter". Then see if anyone is dumb enough to try and login.

edit: http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/digip/PayPalMockSatire.htm