Grooveshark

I'm a big fan of Pandora, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a timeshifter for Grooveshark? I like how Grooveshark lets you play exactly the songs you're looking for and even build playlist with the exact songs you'd like as if you had the songs on your computer. This would be very handy if there was a "timeshifter" that worked with Grooveshark. :)

Anyone?

Thanks!

Smoke_007

i can write a little thing to do it in a bit, they seem to include metadata in the stream, lol. makes it reeaaaallly easy. Their metadata format is also nice and clear to read but if the file is tagged already i'll just use that.

Done. See this thread http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12047 and set it up, but instead of pandora or deezer, listen to grooveshark. Should save music.

Also, you can go into settings and set low bandwidth mode if you want it to start streaming immediately. Or, you can click quite a few of the little play buttons on sep songs to have them all dl at once.

I'm using the Firefox portable setup. It works awesome! I like that idea way better than having to swap proxy settings back and forth in my main browser.

Is there a way to change how it's names the songs it saves? Right now it names them Artist - Song. Any way to name it something like Track - Song or just Song?

Big Thank You! Very good job! :)

Smoke_007

I'm using the Firefox portable setup. It works awesome! I like that idea way better than having to swap proxy settings back and forth in my main browser.

Is there a way to change how it's names the songs it saves? Right now it names them Artist - Song. Any way to name it something like Track - Song or just Song?

Big Thank You! Very good job! :)

Smoke_007

It would be possible to change it to just Song, but track - song not likely as the tags the files have are incomplete. (ATM it's hardcoded) Also, it seems the id3 implementation fails if the file does not have id3v1 tags. I didn't write it however, so debugging will be a pain.