May Desktops

dr0p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh, seems like we're overpopulated by Windows desktops in this thread atm.

/gEEEk

And now the brand new lappy running Arch...

20qza4h.png

Also, @3vmike, there is a huge sense of irony that your WP bashes windows and yet you're running ubuntu...

And now the brand new lappy running Arch...

20qza4h.png

Also, @3vmike, there is a huge sense of irony that your WP bashes windows and yet you're running ubuntu...

Actually the core install is arch.... in fact all most everything is compiled from source, the only thing that isn't is the ubuntu studio theme cause i'm not that creative.

I just thought the WP was humorous.

and besides I HOPE you'll agree that to compare windows xp and ubuntu would be at the very least... inaccurate.

Anyway can't we all just get a long!!

Actually the core install is arch.... in fact all most everything is compiled from source, the only thing that isn't is the ubuntu studio theme cause i'm not that creative.

I just thought the WP was humorous.

and besides I HOPE you'll agree that to compare windows xp and ubuntu would be at the very least... inaccurate.

Anyway can't we all just get a long!!

O_o why you would choose that theme is something I'll probably never understand. Anyways, I just don't like Windows bashing because I actually like the OS, just not as much as *nix so I don't use it as often, especially on no-gaming-ever type PCs. Also curious as to why you're building things from source most of the time, as Arch intended as a mostly binary OS.

Yeah but I've got some pretty particular hardware and I find things just run a little smoother, besides it's not like I'm reinstalling the os every 6 months.

I will say that windows has come a long way from where it used to be. And working in IT I'll never be able to completely remove it from my life.

That said I try to find every opportunity to use an OS other than windows.

maydesktop.jpg

Last Week of Exams so just thrown my notes onto the desktop usually its cleaner and don't have such a plain wallpaper.

I see I'm posting right after all the linux users to plz don't bash my choice of vista :P

...plz don't bash my choice of vista :P

Why would we do that? As long as it works, you shouldn't be concerned about that :) . Everyone has their preference when it comes to OS. I find Linux a bit more fun/functional for my main home OS.

may09.jpg

Daigoro, son of the Lone Wolf. Shoguns Assassin.

juj1ft.png

No one else runs Windows 7?