Video on wifi monitoring

PC646

lol I have never bothered using cain to do wep cracking but it looks a hell of a lot simplier and quicker than using backtrack 3.

Video and Audio is prerfect and it is well explained if you are not to fussy about the ins and outs of the technical detail behind it. Good tutorial for people just starting out and I give it my thumbs up.

Keep up the good work.

Interesting video, well made.

My only suggestion would be to maybe to the packet capture part in linux rather than windows so you can use any old wifi card rather than having to have an airpcap card. Seeing as all the rest is free may as well make that bit as cheap as possible.

Hey I have two questions,

1: How come with cain & abel you don't need to fake associate with the access point using aireplay unlike BT3, is this something cain does automatically?

2: What was the manufacture/model of the wiresless device used in your video, from what I remember it was some sort of USB dongle.

Hey I have two questions,

1: How come with cain & abel you don't need to fake associate with the access point using aireplay unlike BT3, is this something cain does automatically?

2: What was the manufacture/model of the wiresless device used in your video, from what I remember it was some sort of USB dongle.

1. When using the airpcap card you dont need to fake anything. Its all passive collection of data.

2. The wireless device for net stumbler was the wireless chipset in my Dell Mini 9. For ARP injection and the promiscuous collection of data you need the airpcap usb card.

1. When using the airpcap card you dont need to fake anything. Its all passive collection of data.

2. The wireless device for net stumbler was the wireless chipset in my Dell Mini 9. For ARP injection and the promiscuous collection of data you need the airpcap usb card.

unless youre using comm view for wifi youll be able to inject with any of the supported wireless adapters on the list, which is quite long.

also dont forget that you can decrypt wireless packets that youve previously captured once you have the encryption key. but for on the fly decryption youll need to have the key for the access point youre monitoring