Ubuntu Netbook Version

Bai Shen

Okay, I know I didn't imagine this. Ubuntu has a version for netbooks called the Netbook Remix. However, it's like the original Xandros distros, in that it gives you big icons and pushes you towards running one thing at a time.

Now I saw a site that had multiple versions of the netbook remix. One was the regular netbook remix on Ubuntu's site which has just the drivers for the netbooks, etc. Another was the same drivers, etc, but it used the regular desktop instead of the netbook remix one.

However, I can't seem to find this site anymore. Anybody know?

Just install the official netbook remix and switch the interface to classic by going to the preferences panel.

I guess that would work. But there's a version of the distro out there that doesn't contain the netbook gui at all. I jus' can't seem to find it. I thought it was at the easypeasy link, but it's not.

Desktop Edition? XD

Runs great on my netbook atleast.

/gEEEk

as i understand it, the netbook remix version is just the desktop version with the netbook remix interface. I've been using UNR version for several weeks and as far as i can tell the netbook remix is no different than the desktop version.

as i understand it, the netbook remix version is just the desktop version with the netbook remix interface. I've been using UNR version for several weeks and as far as i can tell the netbook remix is no different than the desktop version.

Yes, but there was also a stripped down version that didn't install all the programs that the desktop comes with.

It might have been a variation on easypeasy, but I can't seem to find it anymore.