Site Copier/Cloner for Mac?

BR3NTON3

Anyone know of a site copier or cloner that will allow me to read sites "offline" (as well as maybe see some code? :unsure: ) LOL - but that will run on a Mac?

I've searched around - and there's a ton of stuff both free and paid for Windoze...but nada for OS X...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

B ;)

Anyone know of a site copier or cloner that will allow me to read sites "offline" (as well as maybe see some code? :unsure: ) LOL - but that will run on a Mac?

I've searched around - and there's a ton of stuff both free and paid for Windoze...but nada for OS X...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

B ;)

We've had this ability for nearly two years now.

1. Open Safari
  2. Proceed to desired webpage
  3. File
  4. Save As
  5. Select the "Web Archive" format
  6. Choose destination
  7. Enjoy

I think you can copy java/flash games and all sorts of good stuff too.

We've had this ability for nearly two years now.

1. Open Safari
  2. Proceed to desired webpage
  3. File
  4. Save As
  5. Select the "Web Archive" format
  6. Choose destination
  7. Enjoy

I think you can copy java/flash games and all sorts of good stuff too.

Thanks NullArray... I tried a couple of FF plugins, and none gave me the desired results... but never thought to look at Safari (I downloaded BlueCrab from Apple, but it keeps crashing on start) - so that was useless..

I've yet to try your solution - but will do so now, and see how "deep" it goes, as I'm after some "lines of code".. wink wink - nudge nudge...

That said, the "product" I found that LOOKS like it does what I want... is here: http://www.web-site-downloader.com/entire/?pu=false but is windoze based....

But, your Safari solution could be just as comprehensive - so we'll see? Either way, I appreciate your response and advice... sincerely -

NOTE TO MODS: I've tagged all my forum entries "You are currently receiving email notification of replies" yet I never get any emails saying peeps have responded... (and no, it's not in "spam") so something has gone south with your IP.Board set up.... may be worth looking into since you're paying for this board...

Thanks to all!

B

PS:

I run a web-hosting company... and am looking for a Twitter API (type) programmer... (this ties into my Q and wanting to snag some "code") so it is relevant.. in a way LOL :)

If ANYone out there is interested in helping me design a site based on Zend and Flat File storage (beyond Apache) we are willing to offer 10 YEARS of UNLIMITED HOSTING for TEN (10) accounts, no restrictions - in exchange for your your "help"... That is $36,000 worth of Hosting and is based on 1&1 Servers - so you know they'll be 100% reliable - and we offer both windows or Linux... You can see what you'd be getting here: http://streamline.net/web-hosting/bulk-hosting/

If interested, please PM me - and I'll pass along the details and lets see if we can't cut a deal...

FWIW, this position is also posted on oDesk and Guru so TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!!! - but would prefer to give it to "one of the gang" here at Hak5 as we are a community and friends...

Thanks-

B

1. Open FireFox

2. Ctr/Apple+S

3. ???

4. PROFIT!

Thanks Dr0P... will give FF3 another go.. Am using Scrapbook at the moment, and it can't handle .DO for Java files :( so - seems I might be SOL...

Hey, are you gonna wait on the DELL?- Despite the contrary views, I worked for them in Austin... and really (outside of their desktops) - it's not your best option IMHO... but- it's your mula!! :) I didn't see the other replies till just tonight... And yeah, Sony SUPPORT used to suck, but now, it's based in NYC and SF and are the aces - vs. BFE India with Dell - but seems you're light years beyond needing that - so maybe it doesn't matter -

Either way - thanks for the tip - and will try it now :-)

Cheers,

B

1. Open FireFox

2. Ctr/Apple+S

3. ???

4. PROFIT!

Oh soooooo close.. but that just saves the current page HTML... but nice try :) :) :)

Am looking something (like the link posted before) or (gawd forbid) like OLD MS FRONTPAGE where you could set "levels" like 20 deep, and would scoop up all the links and coding... MmmmmK?

"Profit" Luv it!!!!!!!! Awesome!

B

Oh soooooo close.. but that just saves the current page HTML... but nice try :) :) :)

Am looking something (like the link posted before) or (gawd forbid) like OLD MS FRONTPAGE where you could set "levels" like 20 deep, and would scoop up all the links and coding... MmmmmK?

"Profit" Luv it!!!!!!!! Awesome!

B

DownThemAll?

You know if its server side code and they have have their servers configured vaguely correctly you can't get at the code.

Agreed... not looking for a carbon copy (though hear that's possible somehow (less DB info obviously)) but I haven't tried this in ages.. but know from using MS FrontPage one could save in "layers" - but that was before the days of js and jq and dojo etc... so maybe I'm hoping for too much here.... All I really want is some info about what "they" are using and their "sources" - And really is no different than someone using "properties" or "page inspector" and seeing the file structure and file names etc..... Just looking for a mac pgm that will "save" that stuff in proper order... (like the windoze version in the link provided above)..

Cheers,

B