Want to hack an HTC Wizard into a "wireless remote/Keyboard" for my media center PC

kenadak

now that I have my Iphone I was looking into things to do with my old HTC Wizard (ATT 8125) it's been sitting around doing nothing for about 2 years now, and I thought it might be a good remote/keyboard for my XBMC/HTPC anyone have any resources on getting something like this started?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

bottom line. htc makes the best phones hands down. there is no flame war there is no argument there is no two ways about it. it just is that way, and no amount of fanboi love can change it.

bottom line. htc makes the best phones hands down. there is no flame war there is no argument there is no two ways about it. it just is that way, and no amount of fanboi love can change it.

HTC build quality is cheap - compare any one of their phones to a Samsung i760 and the difference is night and day. Slide the keyboards, do some typing, you will see what I mean. I switched from an i760 on verizon to an HTC mogul on sprint and its like switching from an IBM model M to some modern HP keyboard. I pay 50/less per month for the sprint service so that makes it worth it, but the phone selection is crap. I had to swap my mogul in for a new one twice due to them breaking so I decided hell with it and bought a Q on ebay to tie me over until the Pre is released.

HTC build quality is cheap - compare any one of their phones to a Samsung i760 and the difference is night and day. Slide the keyboards, do some typing, you will see what I mean. I switched from an i760 on verizon to an HTC mogul on sprint and its like switching from an IBM model M to some modern HP keyboard. I pay 50/less per month for the sprint service so that makes it worth it, but the phone selection is crap. I had to swap my mogul in for a new one twice due to them breaking so I decided hell with it and bought a Q on ebay to tie me over until the Pre is released.

ok dont take this the wrong way but you have just confirmed that you have no clue what youre talking about when it comes to mobile handsets. gain dont take that the wrong way i know its not your fault you just dont know any better. i have owned many many many many many mobile devices, from palm to ipaqs to samsung pda phones etc etc etc. many many many. most people base their opinions based on what they see from the carriers selections. how many actual devices have you owned that arent part of a carriers lineup?? my guess is not many. sorry to break it to you but the samsung i760 is craptastic even compared to the htc phones that carriers have such as the diamond (i own an unlocked diamond) and the touch pro (i also own an unlocked touch pro) not to mention the diamond 2 or the touch pro 2 or the htc touch hd (i also own unlocked touch HD) the specs dont come close not even close, and to for lack of any other description the samsung is just fugly.