Anyone else over , a month of wii moddin...

unixpro

Anyone else over , a month of wii moddin... , i really enjoy most of the topics , introducing vm to people that haven't heard of it and , old topics like the part series of tcp / wireshark thing but as of late aka 505 onwards its been like fast forward to darren's segment watch , then watch diggnation. im not trying to flame but hak5 should be about "technolust" not wii modding for a month lol. i would like to see some cisco router configs like ipsec , trunking etc actual technolust ,

Anyone ..

Cheers

you want cisco router configs download CBT Nuggets, discovery or boson tutorials.

i know how to do it , just as a example technolust :)

Hey, thats funny! A guy over at the Rev3 forums named "IdoUnix" said the same thing. Huh.

Well, I'll let you know this too:

We're done with Wii HOMEBREW for a while... We've caught everyone up to speed and we're waiting til the Homebrew scene settles down a bit before diving into some new Nintendo HACK.

But if you have any ideas for the show, feel free to email us...

And yes, we have tons planned. We're far from running out, and we have shows weekly, so I'm sure you'll find something you enjoy.

I own a wii and I am even getting sick of the wii stuff, I would also like to see a black hat edition or even a series! Or maybe get some coding on! I loved the wireshark info, not when it was shown (slightly interested) but know I am re-visiting them! But I guess all in all do what you guys want it is your show and you guys do all the work! :)

Anyone else over , a month of wii moddin

What a bunch of whiney ankle biting..

They do like three shows doing Wii stuff and all of the sudden you act like they jumped the shark? Go and watch all the episodes since season 1 or better yet, just go. Away. Got ideas for the show, share em. Im all for critiquing the show, but damn, if that aint a troll comment I don't know what is. People used to bitch about wanting Wii hacks, they now do some and all of the sudden you don't want to see any more.

hak5 should be about "technolust" not wii modding for a month
How long have you been watching the show?

Like the Douche Bag in this thread: http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12832

People like that, if you don't like something, piss off, go watch some other show, troll some other forums, annoy someone else. You don't have anything to contribute, piss off. Im just sick of people lately who come here expecting to be spoon fed and demand to have things as soon as they ask for it. In some cases, I almost think people do it on purpose. Like its their day job or something to troll the internet in search of annoying people.

i know how to do it , just as a example technolust
Great, then why do you want to see it in the show? So you can come back and complain how you alreayd know it, that it doesn't amount to enough technolust? Just sounds contradicting to what you are asking for.

unixpro, when you come up with your own show, be sure to post a link so we can all come over and piss and moan about it. Have a nice day.

If this seems out of line to pick on unixpro, so be it, but hes nto the only one lately I have seen with semi border line troll like comments. Some of the stuff people say and ask for just hit me the wrong way this week, and maybe it is missdirected at unixpro, but at this point, I just don't care. Flame on me all you want, but I needed to blow off some steam here and he was the most recent in my mind.

But I guess all in all do what you guys want it is your show and you guys do all the work! :)
I couldn't agree more.

lol, seen the flame wars vid .... ,

People cant have there own view ...

lol @ ankle biting, because I said im over wii modding , your supposed to be 34.. grow up mate its a forum. if you dont agree with the post , dont go on and cry because someone doesn't have your same views ..

lol @ digitip or is it digipms , dude relax

digip I see you point (ankle biting...) but also they are suggestions (I believe the cast has encouraged them), but in the end it is there show.

Also I read this http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12832 and I can see the point of view and I wonder if I would have gotten more shit if I posted on some of my um more controversial views earlier (if you don't know them just forget what I said).

I believe what digip was trying to say (scribble scribble/whiteout, paste) was that, if you want to bitch about the show then that's fine, we all have our own opinions, but just try to bring something to the table to help what you have an issue about.

I enjoy the show, sure some are way more interesting to me than others, but you cant match every person, mood and etc. to an individual show. That's what makes hak.5 so cool is the fact that you learn about some things you don't know or if you do know, you may find out a few extra tid-bits that you didnt know.

And the point is, is that not everybody eats their all-around 1337I35 24/7. You may have coders that have been so far into their work that they never had time to even think about hacking the wii, or you may have n00bs that want to learn, and maybe this would be the best intro to them into the technolust factor.

I think that as well, there are people who want 100% 1337ne33 all the time on the show. Well that would be all nice and good IF we were all on the same plane... and with multiple certifications, or with resources out of this world, or ... maybe even chuck norris. But were not. Hell I have no idea how to code php. I have 0 funds for creating a home-made nas. Etc. Etc. Etc.

The whole point is that it can't be everyone's show.

What would I like to see? Examples of how to inject static routes or disabling the s0/0/0 ports on a cisco router. Now THAT would be cool. (to me anyways)

Now if you wanna bitch about a show with a shortstick on technolust... SYSTM comes to mind....

Got ideas for the show, share em.

Great, then why do you want to see it in the show? So you can come back and complain how you alreayd know it, that it doesn't amount to enough technolust? Just sounds contradicting to what you are asking for.

unixpro, when you come up with your own show, be sure to post a link so we can all come over and piss and moan about it. Have a nice day.

He says (albeit bluntly) that the show is straying from the show motto, with repetitive segments that make the show seem more like Wii.5 instead of hak.5. Then he specifically cites segment ideas for the show (Like you told him too), and you end up yelling at him for doing so.

I agree that some of his comments weren't necessary. But damn, just because someone says they don't like the show doing x for 4 episodes and then says "it would be cool if you could do y" doesn't mean you have to go all apeshit on them.

Also, he shouldn't have to make his own show to do 2 segments he doesnt know how to do...

IMO, all of the comments about the show don't have to be "YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST! SNUBS I WANT TO MARRY YOU! DARREN I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES AND MAKEOUT WITH PAUL AND MATT!!!!!111" it's ok to give constructive criticism every once and a while.

Flame on! :)

lol, seen the flame wars vid .... ,

People cant have there own view ...

lol @ ankle biting, because I said im over wii modding , your supposed to be 34.. grow up mate its a forum. if you dont agree with the post , dont go on and cry because someone doesn't have your same views ..

lol @ digitip or is it digipms , dude relax

Its two digits from either side of the hand leaving only one important digit. The middle one. As for views, Im just sick of how everyone tells them what the show should be, what segments and subject to cover, when how and why. When they do things people ask for, we then get stuff like, I'm over this already, do something else and give me the real technolust. Some people forget that their are more than just YOU watching the show. Lots of people like the Wii homebrew stuff, lots of people don't. I for one don't own a Wii, and could care less either way. Its how people talk and carry themselves that bothers me. So you don't want to see any more Wii segments. I don't want to see any more bullshit posts. We have something in common. Things we don't like.

You also have to understand, that you are not the only person whose post set me off today or in recent weeks, its just that I chose yours to vent on. I even stated so in my post. Take it personally if you want, but the meaning behind the post is not totally about you, if about you at all. Say what you want, its a forum, but your views(like others and mine) are not the only views. That was more my point. Not even so much about you, but what you said is the same kind of stuff I read from time to time, and it starts to get old, and annoying when I read people write "You need to stop this and do this" or "Since episode so and so you suck, remake season 1" or "this is old and played out, do something else" etc, etc.

People just expect too much of Hak5 some times and instead of pissing in a thread over somthing, maybe you could open a dialog with them direclty. Like the guy in the one thread who attacks moonlit. PM moonlit direclty or at least address the issue you speak of in a manner that makes sense. Moonlit is a a long time community member and pretty good guy if you get to talking with him, you might know that. But fucktards like that who post stuff like that are as usefull as tits on a bull.

Use the feedback email once in a while and talk to one of the cast members if its a true concern about content or show direction, but putting it in a thread leaves you open to everyones opionions including mine. Can't take the heat, oh well, I made my point, and I'm plenty chillaxed right about now. You said something that struck a nerve today, and I posted my view. You have your own. So be it.

dont go on and cry because someone doesn't have your same views
Then why respond to my post if you are so above that? Am I not entitled to the same privledge to have opposing views just as you are?

Retardns8.jpg

I've said my piece, and Im over it now.

lol all i can say , as your pic stated digi ... you win lol.

ps thanks for the people that put some input eg , show topics

p.p.s , not dissing your wii modding snubs good work on the home brew

p.p.ps darren , ive gotten dslinux running sweet maybe you should look @ that cause you got a ds :)

By all means, you are clearly the winner!

:lol:

p.p.ps darren , ive gotten dslinux running sweet maybe you should look @ that cause you got a ds :)
That would be a sweet segment, as I just picked up a DSLITE for my daughter and was wondering if I should get my own to fiddle around with. It would be cool to put a GPS on it, as I remember someone doing that with a game boy color or advanced years back. Maybe google maps and some sort of mobile teather to cell phone to download the images from the internet to the DS.

bad blood gone :) , can you hook up a gps to the new dsi ?? imma google that , it would be mad.

I don't own a Wii or any of the other latest and greatest gaming consoles, however the wii modding didn't really bother me. I guess this is due to me not having any console or the need to look this kind of shit up on the interwebs. But I am considering doing this to my cousins nintedo wii (who has lots of PAL games).

The show did have a lil techno lust in it *points to matt's VM segment*, granted it was all theory driven this episode but it has laid a solid foundation for future awesomeness and I for one am looking forward to the rest of his segments on this topic.

truthfully (and this is just the way I feel, and I know this would suck for alot of other people)

I feel that they do lay down a solid foundation to branch into specifics of hacks for shows that could go on forever, but then, most of the time I feel stuck in the water cause they get to a short end of a segment and then go to something else... but unfortunately that's also what makes the show great is because they don't always dwell on one topic..

Well folks, you know me anyways.. I'm just another