harddisk install

crazzyrichy

Grammar and Spelling not perfect but I hope this is more understandable...

Original

i feel stupid i cant get my machean to ditect my hard disk i checked the jumper and cables but nothing its like its not even there

Translation

I feel stupid. I can not get my machine to detect my hard drive. I checked the jumpers and the cables but nothing worked. It is like it is not even there.

Spell Checker is your friend.

I do not expect perfect spelling or grammar (I have written long long run on sentences and my spelling is awful (I can't even remember how to spell awful) but please right click and try to fix some of it and i and I are easy to not do.

I demand that you use the child as a spell checker!

Try secondary, and on a different channel. If that fails, then try one of those IDE/SATA to USB dongles, you can pick them up for about £10 or so. Ebay has them. Could be that the drive had died, as IDE kit is getting on a bit these days.

HAH! I almost spit my coffee all over my comp when I read this (that would not have been good)!

I have almost done that a few times myself on here.

Some of the mods should come with one of them goverment health warning type things mentioning that reading this post may cause damage to your electronic gear.

If jumpers are set properly and BIOS is configured properly, the boot screen should see the drive and post some sort of info indicating it can see the drive. If it doesn't show it at the boot screen, try replacing the cable or checking that it is seated properly. If you don't get anything at the boot screen indicating the drive id, manufacturer or serial, etc, then its not even seeing the drive. The POST process should be able to identify all basic connected hardware unless the device requires its own bios or special drivers not found in a normal bios(such as SCSI and RAID boards).

If jumpers are set properly and BIOS is configured properly, the boot screen should see the drive and post some sort of info indicating it can see the drive. If it doesn't show it at the boot screen, try replacing the cable or checking that it is seated properly. If you don't get anything at the boot screen indicating the drive id, manufacturer or serial, etc, then its not even seeing the drive. The POST process should be able to identify all basic connected hardware unless the device requires its own bios or special drivers not found in a normal bios(such as SCSI and RAID boards).

thanks all i will see what happens and go from there