hak5 video format

Angablade

hak5 video format  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better video container format?

• MKV
    • MP4
    • AVI
    • OGM
    • FLV
    • DIVX

I would like to know if it would be possible for the hak5 team to export the show into mkv. If so, please note below. In my honest opinion, I believe that mkv supports higher quality video and audio, as well as the added features supporting subtitles. I know that subtitles in a loud area.. of typing keyboards.. clicking away would be nice. It would also be nice to be able to catch those nice little mess up's form the crew in the subtitles.. or extra content. (dual video or audio file).

Well.. we can talk about this below.. and if it's in the wrong section.. please note it and move it. Thanks.

Im for xvid avi's personally, not divx. I know some people say they are the same thing, but I find that xvid encoded videos look better and play smoother for some reason. Maybe they tweak the compression matrix/quantization matrices a bit more than divx, I don't know. I also like that for xvid, you don't need a seperate player, as with divx, they bundle their player to get the higher quality codec and uses a watermark overlay on their videos. Oh, and xvid is free, not a 30 day trial for the full version. Xvid is also cross platform...

It's all Xvid for me. Just download to my thumbdrive, right in the surroundsound/dvd player (1100 watts which is nice) and BAM! In crystal clear goodness @ the speed of high def :P (but with hella good sound?!)

I think I would cry if they took my xvid away from me :( My surround/dvd player is also of course setup for Divx... But it seems that divx ALWAYS has video and sound sync. issues.. (and that's on anything. be it, computer, or dvd player)

I don't see the point of using matroska, I mean i guess it would be nice since it is "open source" but its just another file they have to host and there is very limited support for matroska outside of computers. And theres really no advantage of choosing mkv over mp4. mp4 also supports multiple audio/video streams and subtitles. Plus you can stream mp4 files.

Since Hak.5 is now part of the REV3 network, they probably have very little choice on what they can produce in. Also as long as they're using MP4 formatting, I really dont see any need for anything else since MP4 does it all.