Use the video input on my x1900xt

ace_ventura

my graphics card (sapphire x1900xt) came with a few dongles one is component out and the other is composite/s-video in and out, ive used the component before so i know that works but i decided i would like to use the video input so i can output my dvr and watch it threw orb however im not sure how i can view the video feed on my pc. Does anyone have any ideas?

is there any software i can quick download so i can tell if its at least working then i can narrow it down to orb if thats the case

If you have vista or XP media center edititon, windows media center should be able to see it. Not sure mabye Windows Media Player too.

If you have vista or XP media center edititon, windows media center should be able to see it. Not sure mabye Windows Media Player too.

yeah thats what i thought too but where in those players do you go, in mediaplayer i did a file open, etc, and i looked around there no place that has that sort of an option, so i dunno, maybe it just doesn't work and ill have to get a video capture device, i was just hoping to be able to get that to work so i didn't have to.

Actually looking into it wmp can't play video from capture cards. I'm sure ATI has software though, I know they have Catalyst Media Center for their TV tuners, not sure if it works with your card but give it a shot. Also maybe you can try Sapphire technical support.

Its called ATI Multimedia Center now i guess, this link is for window XP, not sure what OS you have but you can find it under the driver section for x1900 on amd's website.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/mmc9-16.aspx