Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) and the EEE PC

webjockey

Nope, just the standard desktop version, works fine.

Edit: I said I'd check out the battery life, seems to be able the same as Fedora, I got 2 hours playing a video from SD card on loop, but the battery wasn't fully charged when I started. Fedora gave me 2:15, I'd expect Ubuntu to at least match that on a full charge.

I tested out the notebook remix at first, but ended up going with the standard desktop version also.

But you can just run sudo apt-get install ubuntu-netbook-remix to get it and run on top of the standard.

I'm currently running the netbook remix version and it works great.

I had to use the little tweak posted earlier in the thread but now it's running sweet

Might end up going with the desktop version after all. This is a little to much GUI for me! :D

/gEEEk

• 2 weeks later...
4 all those that got problems running Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 on there EeePc 701 4 (everything moves slow like win98 on a 486 machine) with this sollution this problem got solved and this latest Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 release runs just fine and smoot.

Just have fun

Gerard

I just installed ubuntu remix on my asus eee 701 earlier today and this solution was a god send. Saved me a great deal of mucking around. Everything runs perfectly and it is by far the best O.S I have had on the EEE to date.

Thanks a heap for this solution mate.