• Windows 98 or later
    • Mac OS X
    • Solaris
    • Unix
    • Knoppix
    • Xandros
    • Ubuntu
    • Slackware

Ok, i'm going to flame and complain a bit. This is a rediculous poll. windows 95 should not be grouped with 3.1. and 98 and ME should not be in the same category as 2k/xp.

Not to mention that DOS is excluded.

Solaris 10, from what I hear, is quite different from earlier versions...same with Mac OS.

If you want to break down common linux distros, I would suggest broader categories. perhaps from here: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3370/25...updatedw4.0.jpg

I know you had an "Other" option. but I think that would be best left for stuff like BeOS and weird Unixes

IIRC, there was a front page poll about this not too long ago, too. so this is redundant.

ok, I'm done ranting now.

Ok, i'm going to flame and complain a bit. This is a rediculous poll. windows 95 should not be grouped with 3.1. and 98 and ME should not be in the same category as 2k/xp.

Not to mention that DOS is excluded....

...IIRC, there was a front page poll about this not too long ago, too. so this is redundant.

ok, I'm done ranting now.

yeah i mentioned in another post that i was new to the site and so i wouldn't have known that yet so thank you for letting me know.

about breaking down linux i amn't into linux thaty much so i wouldn't have the knolodge base for the various distros of it.

TBH.... Vista Beta 2 is pretty damn good in my book. Been running it since it came out, and... it just works. Put in a wireless card from belkin its never seen before and 30 seconds later its asking for a wireless key. I was still looking for the driver disc.

TBH.... Vista Beta 2 is pretty damn good in my book. Been running it since it came out, and... it just works. Put in a wireless card from belkin its never seen before and 30 seconds later its asking for a wireless key. I was still looking for the driver disc.

when did the vista beta come out?

I don’t think there is a best OS, each one has its good points and use’s, such as OpenBSD is great for servers but it’s not the best for the desktop and Ubuntu is an easy to use desktop OS but even the server version isn’t that good for servers.

My favourite OS is Gentoo closely followed by OpenBSD and Debian each have their good points and bad but each one has a use.

My favourite is FreeBSD, but that's not on there, yet there are several distros of Linux?

|,,| OS/2 |,,|

YEAH BABY YEAH!

Ohnestly, I have never used OS/2... would any one have a copy... and a 486 I could borrow?

*Remembers Darrens wise words*

*cough* irc.hak5.org #warez *cough*

:D

You're going to download a 486 from #warez?

My favourite is FreeBSD, but that's not on there, yet there are several distros of Linux?
|,,| OS/2 |,,|

YEAH BABY YEAH!

Ohnestly, I have never used OS/2... would any one have a copy... and a 486 I could borrow?

*Remembers Darrens wise words*

*cough* irc.hak5.org #warez *cough*

:D

You're going to download a 486 from #warez?

I’m sure IBM doesn’t really care but you can download “IBM OS2 Warp 4 CD†form the pirate bay.

You forgot to give BSD its own category. As for the linux distros you should have been more general. You could have said red hat, debian, slackware, and gentoo since alot of distros such as ubuntu are built on top of those core distos. Am I making sense yet?

I vote FreeBSD though.

I would have to say Gentoo is my favorite OS to date. Closely followed by OSX because I think it's the best merge between a powerfull UNIX OS and an easy to use consumer OS.