Church of Wifi WPA-PSK Rainbow Tables

Spliff666

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zalman33: as that essid (abc_abcde) doe not have a precomputed table you are left with 2 choices;

1) change the essid to an available hash table (ex. change your name back to "linksys")

2) compute your own hash table using a wordlist salted with the essid "abc_abcde" using CoWPAtty See here.

===========

In regards to wordlists, I stumbled upon information from the Church of WiFi site (here) and was wondering a couple of things.

a] Why aren't these tables being offered over the older 33GB version (with 172,000 words)?

b] Does anyone have the wordlist for this newer precomputed WPA hash table project? (Would prefer to compile my own)

Edit: Nvm the request; reread pg.4 and found it here.

That's the older one.

The one used for the newer, 'uber' tables, with ~1,000,000 words:

http://www.churchofwifi.org/FileLib/9-final-wordlist.zip

Edited by Wrecky

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry iam a newbie

i have a question,i have cracked wep encryption with backtrack 4 and vmware and that was pretty easy

my question is for the links which has provided with SSID's are not working for me since the names of SSIDS' which are using in my place is completely different,so if u want to download the raw password list in which i can generate with my own SSID'S

1) any link which i can download 33gb raw password list without any ssids?

2) WHICH TYPE ENCRYPTION Should be used for password , with my own SSID'S to crack as fastest it can?

3) how much time does it take to generate the password list with our own ssid with the encryption type you suggest with raw passwords?

regards

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

sorry but i'm a newbie

Spliff666 made the post with the The Tables,,, what exactly are these i can't figure that out :| are those rainbow tables or dictionary files ? how can i use them ?

ive seen this video from hak5

but if someone changes the SSID the rainbow table will still work ?

please reply soon

sorry but i'm a newbie

Spliff666 made the post with the The Tables,,, what exactly are these i can't figure that out :| are those rainbow tables or dictionary files ? how can i use them ?

ive seen this video from hak5

but if someone changes the SSID the rainbow table will still work ?

please reply soon

Wow, a throw-back from the old Hak House!

What is a Rainbow Table? Google is your friend :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_table

Spliff666's tables are pre-compiled with the a database of the most commonly used SSIDs. If your victim changed their SSID to something unique, that wasn't already in Spliff666's tables, then you would have to pre-compile your own rainbow hash tables with the SSID you wanted to attack.

I'm probably going to be doing some WEP/WPA videos pretty soon. I'll follow up to this post if i get around to it.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Wow, a throw-back from the old Hak House!

What is a Rainbow Table? Google is your friend :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_table

Spliff666's tables are pre-compiled with the a database of the most commonly used SSIDs. If your victim changed their SSID to something unique, that wasn't already in Spliff666's tables, then you would have to pre-compile your own rainbow hash tables with the SSID you wanted to attack.

I'm probably going to be doing some WEP/WPA videos pretty soon. I'll follow up to this post if i get around to it.

Good luck!

See this is what I was looking for. When they change their name and how you would create the file. have you started making your videos yet?

Videos are for wussies. Here's how to make your own.

http://wirelessdefence.org/Contents/coWPAttyMain.htm

I read the link you gave me, but my thing is if let say the SSID was changed from link to something like "aaa_home" how would I know which table to use?

Would I have to build a table for just that SSID ? Other thing what happens if the password has symblos or different charators?

I read the link you gave me, but my thing is if let say the SSID was changed from link to something like "aaa_home" how would I know which table to use?

Would I have to build a table for just that SSID ? Other thing what happens if the password has symblos or different charators?

You're missing the point completely. You create your own table. You use your own dictionary file, or use the one from the chruch of wifi, it's a pretty good one.

So for your aaa_home ssid you'd run,

./genpmk  -f  /path/to/your/dictionary/file  -d aaa_home -s aaa_home

Let that grind away for a while, probably a couple hours depending on the dict file size and the speed of your computer. When it's done you'll have a new rainbow table made just for aaa_home.

Then to try out your newly created file set your aaa_home access point to have a passphrase that is in your dictionary file, then fire up airplay to get your four way handshake, then run it against the table.

./cowpatty  -r  wpa-test-01.cap  -d  aaa_home  -s aaa_home

Edited by barry99705

You're missing the point completely. You create your own table. You use your own dictionary file, or use the one from the chruch of wifi, it's a pretty good one.

So for your aaa_home ssid you'd run,

./genpmk  -f  /path/to/your/dictionary/file  -d aaa_home -s aaa_home

Let that grind away for a while, probably a couple hours depending on the dict file size and the speed of your computer. When it's done you'll have a new rainbow table made just for aaa_home.

Then to try out your newly created file set your aaa_home access point to have a passphrase that is in your dictionary file, then fire up airplay to get your four way handshake, then run it against the table.

./cowpatty  -r  wpa-test-01.cap  -d  aaa_home  -s aaa_home

This is perfect!!! Just what I was looking for. How to create the table and test it out. Now I have to find me a very large dict file to download and create the passwords.

How big can a table be? is there a max on creating the table?

• 6 months later...
To complicate matters, the key hash can be different depending on the network it's implimented on. The SSID and the SSID length is seeded into the passphrase hash. This means that the passphrase of 'password' will be hashed differently on a network with the SSID of 'linksys' than it will on a network with the SSID of 'default'.

http://www.renderlab.net/projects/WPA-tables/

I think i understand what you mean, But what im saying is if there's two people that have exactly the same 'linksys' wifi router and they both have made a custom password which is the same = password1 the only difference being that 1 user has renamed the SSID to 'mywifi' but the other has left original 'linksys' how would someone know to use the " LINKSYS RAINBOW TABLE " if the ssid was changed to MYWIFI ?

Hey guy's can i ask, How does the SSID relate to the WPA passphrase ? If the user has made a custom passphrase for their wifi network.

At a very crude level the actual key that is used to encrypt the traffic sent over the network (PMK) is made up from the SSID+PSK+a couple of random values shared during the handshake.

So if you change your SSID then the PMK would be different even if all the other values were the same.

I think i understand what you mean, But what im saying is if there's two people that have exactly the same 'linksys' wifi router and they both have made a custom password which is the same = password1 the only difference being that 1 user has renamed the SSID to 'mywifi' but the other has left original 'linksys' how would someone know to use the " LINKSYS RAINBOW TABLE " if the ssid was changed to MYWIFI ?

You wouldn't, you would use the MYWIFI table if his SSID was MYWIFI.

• 3 weeks later...