Church of Wifi WPA-PSK Rainbow Tables

Spliff666

Sure.

The actual filenames are these after each link, exactly as you can read them.

These files are also exactly ~40mb each.

Yea, have you tried opening one in a text editor?

Oh wait. You're using the wrong program with these tables. They are for cowpatty.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link to the torrent seems to be down, are these still avaliable as the mass 40gb?

I have been working with Renderman to setup a backup tracker to the Schmoo group on the OMGIRC servers. I will update this posting once its up.

At the moment we are looking for users that have successfully downloaded the hashes to start seeding on the backup torrent tracker. Private msg me if you can help!

Any further news on this by any chance ?

I have been downloading a couple (http://www.offensive-security.com/wpa-tables/),

some seem fine, some not able to start.. and a couple stopped at 60 / 80 % :(

I have been working with Renderman to setup a backup tracker to the Schmoo group on the OMGIRC servers. I will update this posting once its up.

At the moment we are looking for users that have successfully downloaded the hashes to start seeding on the backup torrent tracker. Private msg me if you can help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have researched for the past 3 hours trying to figure things out on my own (because I would have it no other way) however I've hit a huge wall.

I found many dictionaries prior to downloading the 33gig pack, and tried them. I've used airodump aireplay etc to successfully grab a WPA handshake.

But to generate a table based on a specific SSID, i'm stuck. SSID: EAWHITE . I have the 33gig package but don't know where to start. You obviously don't use aircrack-ng (which is all i know how to do.)

I have backtrack4 on if that helps or could use a windows PC as I've saved the .csv .cap files etc.

Is there an extensive tutorial out there somewhere using this package? Because when I opened the SSID.txt file EAWHITE was not listen nor is SMAPSTAR.

So I know those are only the most common and not all.

Thanks guys sorry to be the noob in the room!

Thanks guys sorry to be the noob in the room!

HAK5 = n00b welcomed

Make sure the card you're using supports going into prism mode. I know this may seem obvious but its the main thing ppl overlook when starting with wireless pen testing.

Driver patches for the cards may be needed and are available with the tar, svn and directly in the wiki for aircrack-ng.

I will be posting tutorials on my blog about this in the near future, starting with cracking WEP (easy peasy).

HAK5 = n00b welcomed

Make sure the card you're using supports going into prism mode. I know this may seem obvious but its the main thing ppl overlook when starting with wireless pen testing.

Driver patches for the cards may be needed and are available with the tar, svn and directly in the wiki for aircrack-ng.

I will be posting tutorials on my blog about this in the near future, starting with cracking WEP (easy peasy).

There are actually 2 youtube tutorials walking you through every step of using backtrack and aircrack-ng etc to crack WEP and WPA-PSK. Your time however would be incredibly more well spent explaining what to do with the 33gig pack from the get go.

I can't find a tutorial explaining it at all. :/

There are actually 2 youtube tutorials walking you through every step of using backtrack and aircrack-ng etc to crack WEP and WPA-PSK. Your time however would be incredibly more well spent explaining what to do with the 33gig pack from the get go.

My tutorials are based off of Ubuntu, not backtrack, so it wouldn't be a waste of my time :)

You have to pre-compile your SSID into the 33gb rainbow table using cowpatty.

Inside the package is the top 1000 ssid's on wigle. Set up your home wifi router to have the ssid of linksys, give it a stupid wpa password of say, password. Run airodump against the channel you set your access point to. Connect to your access point with another computer, you'll notice airodump says it got the handshake. Now run your cap file in cowpatty with the linksys table in the cowf pack.

Inside the package is the top 1000 ssid's on wigle. Set up your home wifi router to have the ssid of linksys, give it a stupid wpa password of say, password. Run airodump against the channel you set your access point to. Connect to your access point with another computer, you'll notice airodump says it got the handshake. Now run your cap file in cowpatty with the linksys table in the cowf pack.

Thanks barry for the response!

Yeah I actually fully understand everything you're saying and have for some time. So that means I wasn't clear with my question.

The issue is, the SSID is not, linksys, it's SMAPSTAR in caps. Thus with my given situation, how can I take advantage of the 33gig pack, with this SSID. What are the steps to import it into the list of 1,000 SSID's making it 1,001 SSID's for personal use.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Thanks barry for the response!

Yeah I actually fully understand everything you're saying and have for some time. So that means I wasn't clear with my question.

The issue is, the SSID is not, linksys, it's SMAPSTAR in caps. Thus with my given situation, how can I take advantage of the 33gig pack, with this SSID. What are the steps to import it into the list of 1,000 SSID's making it 1,001 SSID's for personal use.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Ohhh! Well in that case, you're going to have to create your own table. There is a text file in the download with all the passwords used to create the tables. Use that file and genpmk to create your own table. Might take a while, depending on how much power your computer has.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...