Chaning MAC address

ElevenWarrior

I want to change the MAC address on my wireless card and I've tried manual doing it and with SMAC but it dosen't work. on SMAC I put in the new address and refresh it and the MAC stays the say. I think the MAC may be written into the card. does anyone have any ideas on by passing that?

I want to change the MAC address on my wireless card and I've tried manual doing it and with SMAC but it dosen't work. on SMAC I put in the new address and refresh it and the MAC stays the say. I think the MAC may be written into the card. does anyone have any ideas on by passing that?

Um, most wireless cards let you change it in the adapter settings. If yours doesn't support that, use a third party app to proxy it for you. SMAC for window should be able to do it though. Where did you get your smac from?

http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/#Download

All else fails, try a registry hack.

i use macmakeup as well in windows vista and it works fine. after you change the mac address of your wireless nic are you disabling it then re enabling it in the device manager? your wireless card wont reflect the changes unless you power cycle it.

I use linux.. this worked for me (you may have to sudo apt-get install some of the programs like macchanger)

1) airmon-ng stop ath0

2) ifconfig wifi0 down

3) macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0

Note: You can change 00:11:22:33:44:55 to any mac you wish, if you have a client card you wish to fake enter that mac in to get around the A.P's mac filtering. But for the sake of having an easy to remember mac addy I always spoof it to the above. You can check that your mac has changed to the above by entering the following command into a new terminal window iwconfig

4) ifconfig wifi0 up

5) airmon-ng start wifi0