ICS Phone Sharing and Jasager

The tutorial in ep 412 seemed pretty vague. I want to set up my Verizon phone and share that connection with Jasager on my Fon+. Can someone point me to a tutorial about how to do this, I have been struggling for a while and cant seem to get the DHCP to work and am not sure of the settings to use ie. default gateway for my verizon cellphone. Thanks in advance, this is my first post hopefully I can find some help.

-JD

ok are you talking about trying to connect the cell phone directly to the fon or are you wanting to know how to share the internet connection through windows ICS? also what phone is it exactly and what mobile os are you using?

ok are you talking about trying to connect the cell phone directly to the fon or are you wanting to know how to share the internet connection through windows ICS? also what phone is it exactly and what mobile os are you using?

Ok, thanks for your reply I am talking about using my verizon phone, blackberry curve 8330 OS 4.5, connecting that to my computer and using that as my internet connection. Then sharing that and running ICS and DHCP thru the ftp program Darren used in the episode, to my fon+ running Jasager, connected to my PC thru the ethernet port. I jsut don't know the ICS and the DHCP settings or the settings in Jasager to allow DHCP to go to the connected hosts.

Thanks,

JD

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way someone can put up like a tutorial or let me know of the settings you used for the DHCP on both the ftp program and on the Fon during episode 412. I wouldn't mind typing up a tutorial to post on the forums if you help me get this up and running. I have asked around on the forums and I think people are confused as to the settings during that demonstration.

Thanks,

-JD

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any way someone can put up like a tutorial or let me know of the settings you used for the DHCP on both the ftp program and on the Fon during episode 412. I wouldn't mind typing up a tutorial to post on the forums if you help me get this up and running. I have asked around on the forums and I think people are confused as to the settings during that demonstration.

Thanks,

-JD

I use PDAnet for connecting my g1 android. Look at http://www.junefabrics.com/index.php for more information!

ok so lets say youre tethering your phone over bluetooth just create the bluetooth dial up connection with your computer and your phone, then once you have done that you can go into "network connections" to the bluetooth connection and in the properties of that connection you can choose to share that internet connection to another network interface, in this case it will be your ethernet card. it should work without any other configuration, but you may have to adjust your firewall settings depending on what software you use.