Jump to content

Problem with .inf


Sly
 Share

Recommended Posts

I couldn't get my go.vbe/s script to run automatically when I plugged in my USB... I figured out that I need to edit my autorun.inf file to execute the following command: open=wscript .\GO.vbs

Well... since the partition on the drive is READ-ONLY... I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to add that command... can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stop posting the same question in different threads. If >1000 people have gotten it to work without help then I am sure its not broken. Just read and educate your self. You cannot edit the CD partition, you have to reflash it.

This is why we cant have nice things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stop posting the same question in different threads. If >1000 people have gotten it to work without help then I am sure its not broken. Just read and educate your self. You cannot edit the CD partition, you have to reflash it.

This is why we cant have nice things.

Sorry about that. O.o I've been doing research for the past couple days before I even bothered making an account for the forums... And I just figured it out on my own. You don't have to be a dick about things. <3 But thanks for you help :D

I figured out that I do have to use the Universal customizer with the GonZor Switchblade V2.0.... (because I wasn't totally sure how it worked) Anyways... ive been really playing around with it for the past 2 hours or so and I figured out what was wrong. I'm sorry I posted multiple topics but yeah... I'm a nub so be gentle :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No I figured out the problem.... I just didn't use the Universal customizer...

I actually tried to ghetto rig it and use two different versions of Gonzor

The first version came with a U3 eraser and a U3 updater. And the other one came with the U3 ISO and the .exe

I used the first version to clear off the original U3 program then used the same version to do the updater which just added the normal version of U3 back on to the USB... which was my problem... it didn't have the "open=wscript ./go.vbe command I needed in the .inf file....

So after trying countless ways of editing the .inf I finally turned to the top right part of my desktop which had the Universal customizer.rar that I never bothered opening... So I used the U3Custom .rar/iso thing from the second GonZor (Gonzor Switchblade V2.0 package) with the Univ Customizer and then used that ISO and it did the work for me. :D

Moral of the story... Read the directions... lol... I really didn't understand how the U3 USB worked until finally reading everything I could about it.... This is my first hack in a way so I guess it was a good learning experience. :P

Sorry if I didn't explain my solution to well... its kinda late and yeah.... I'm kinda all over the place on what i've typed.... no real order I guess :P

Thanks for the help and again... I posted two different problems (2 different topics) So I'm sorry if that made people mad... I never really used forums before... I usually try to avoid them. >.< But thanks and sorry if I got smart with anyone in my earlier posts. :( :( :( :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...