wii opened up?

RogueHart

well anyone who has updated their wii in the last like 36 hours knows that they added a new feature that solves the wii's disk space issues. you can now play wii channels straight from the sd card. ie if you run out of space(or if you havent) you can just move the channel to your sd card and play directly from it.

im wondering if anyone has attempted to take advantage of this in some way or if anyone plans to. or it may just be a lost cause. idk.

thoughts? opinions? links? lol

wasnt there already a hack for this?

No, at least I think not. You could run homebrew apps from the SD card, but not VC/WiiWare titles.

Wii System 4.0 allows SDHC cards up to 32 GBs too. I copied all my titles over, quite pleased, although I was expecting more than this out of GDC from Nintendo.

It's good you can save to an SD card now I don't have to worry as much about running out of space i was starting to run out of space downloading Virtual console games and such. I'll have to pick up a SD card so i can save some games on it.

im wondering what possibilities(if any) in the form of homebrew this could open to mod-less wii users. i dont have twilight princes(although i admire the series, im not a big fan of zelda) and im not willing to hardmod my system.

im wondering what possibilities(if any) in the form of homebrew this could open to mod-less wii users. i dont have twilight princes(although i admire the series, im not a big fan of zelda) and im not willing to hardmod my system.

This is what I'm excited about.

You don't have to be a Zelda fan to do the Twilight hack, rent the game, borrow a friend's. It has to be a "close to first gen" disc though, the hack has been patched in newer copies. I don't think the hack is possible on System Menu 3.1 or higher.

Yah i homebrewed my wii out the other night cause i have been wanting to try it but never did. It's so awesome! anyone else played Supersonic yet? That game is awesome (though I know it's just a rip from frequency and amplitude)

i've only sen sdhc up to 16 gb i was shopping for my pda didn't find a 32gb sdhc. any place ican get a 32gb?

http://www.sandisk.com/products/item(2579)...mance_card.aspx

select 32 from the list...

EDIT: It's totally not necessary, you'll never ever need that much in a Wii.

I believe the files are copied back into the Wii before execution and then cleared down on exit. The code does not execute from the SD itself.

The only real improvement is the HCSD upgrade to allow larger cards.

• 1 month later...
I don't think the hack is possible on System Menu 3.1 or higher.

i have done the Twilight hack on 3.4 menu with no problem, only issue on 3.4 deletes the saved file if you reload the menu just need to go start the game right after copying the hacked save file

doesn't work on 4.0 thou if you got homebrew channel on first you can downgrade the menu to 3.2 then do custom upgrade to 4.0 to enable the sdhc without the security updates

• 11 months later...