Circuit Building

thedude

Hey I am new here and have posted in the Intro topic. But thats not what Im writing here. I saw Hak5 working on a tank rover and was really really wanting to make one hehe. So I am gathering my thoughts and writing out what I should do. One of those things is tinkering with circuit boards. This is my 1st time even looking hard into one =) and so I am wondering if someone could recomend a couple of places on the internet to get started?

What I am looking for is just a place to learn for free about circuits. I dont know that much expect making a LED stickie. (PM me and I will tell you more on how to make em).

Breadboards are your friend. You'll want to get started with the basics of Electronics Theory and perform your own experiments to get a better understanding of how things work. You might want to get yourself a multimeter if you're really wanting to get into electronics. Proving Ohm's Law usually makes it stick a lot better than just reading about it. You can go down to your local electronics shop (Frys, Radio Shack, etc.) and pick up a small breadboard for less than $3 USD which will get you started because you won't want to get into soldering immediately. As for learning, I'm sure a quick google of "Electronics Theory" or just even "Learn Electronics" will come up with more than you will ever need. Although I haven't read it, you might want to check out "Electronics for Dummies" which will teach you from the stand point of knowing little to nothing about electronics. I'm glad to see somebody interested in the origins of hacking... Before it was "I PWNZ J00!!1" and all that bullshit... And I'm here to help, which is why I didn't put links to anything. It's far better to be taught to learn than to just be taught (i.e. me telling you where to look, not giving you all the answers). Oh, and one last thing... I hope you don't mind burns ;)

To: H@L0_F00

Thanks bud =). I am going to take you up on your teaching there. I rember long time ago when I was a small youth I had one of those 100 in 1 electric kits where you follow a diagram and you could build like a siren and all sorts of stuff. Im going to learn enough to where I too can make a Internet Rover lol >=)

I rember long time ago when I was a small youth I had one of those 100 in 1 electric kits where you follow a diagram and you could build like a siren and all sorts of stuff.

I had one of those too when I was younger, this exact model, a 30 in 1:

epl030.jpg