VMware Good Practise/Tips

MRGRIM

I've rebuilt my main system and I'm looking to run at least 2 VM's on it.

#1 For general downloading. Not too worry if it gets trashed etc however I was wondering how you would transfer files safely between a VM like this and my main host OS?

#2 Purely for Internet banking, will only be visiting 3 or 4 websites.

I'm mainly looking for feedback on what kind of setups other people are using, and any useful advice

I've rebuilt my main system and I'm looking to run at least 2 VM's on it.

#1 For general downloading. Not too worry if it gets trashed etc however I was wondering how you would transfer files safely between a VM like this and my main host OS?

The easiest way to escape a VM is probably threw network shares. How are you moving files from and to this?

#2 Purely for Internet banking, will only be visiting 3 or 4 websites.

What are you trying to prevent with this? I think you did this one backwards. For all intents and purposes, the host OS has complete access to the guests OS. This is an instance where you want to physically separate the 'services' (better name needed).

Wordkstation lets you make snapshots, and then you can either revert to them, or make it so when the machien is powered off, its reverts to them so nothing changed is permanent.