Doing a wesside-ng project on the fon

Hello,

I am interested in putting wesside-ng on the fon, for those who haven't heard about wesside-ng it is an automation suite for aircrack-ng. I was wondering how much space is left on the regular fonera router after openwrt installation for a possible aircrack installation on the fon.

Thanks,

Flashuni

I couldn't tell you how much space is left as I don't tend to do a clean install, I end up throwing extra packages and other files on there while doing the install. From the amount of extra stuff I've installed I'd say you'd probably have room.

My Fon+ has 13.37MB used of the 16MB ram with a fresh install of Openwrt 8.09

I still have a few more questions. The first is does open wrt come with the mad-wifi drivers on the fon+? I am wondering because with the 3mb .cap files for wesside-ng the 3mb install for openwrt and 2+mb for the aircrack suite. I think I may run out of room. Does the fon+ work just the same as the regular fon for all of this, because I think 16 mb of flash space will be needed. I was also wondering if their was a way to cut down on space used by the fon in the openwrt install?

Thanks, Flashuni

just extract the contents of the package, and move the files over manually. I did that with my custom build of airodump-ng and it worked out fine. You won't get the message complaining that you're out of space. alternatively, you could solder in an SD card and use that as swap space, partition it for storage, or whatever.

EDIT: also, you can use 'df -h' in the command line without quotes to show how much storage space you have.

EDIT: also, you can use 'df -h' in the command line without quotes to show how much storage space you have.

I wouldn't trust the results. Because of the way the filesystem works if you delete or edit something then it can take up more room than it appears to. I've had devices which claim to have space free but won't allow any writes.

You could remove packages from the Openwrt installation. Our you could have some fun and desolder some ram compatible sticks of ram and replace your fon's ram. :P

Can you write to ram? This would solve all my problems (16 mb of ram for .cap files, and use the flash space for aircrack install). I read some stuff about making a ramdisk, does anyone know how to do this with a fon?