Changing MAC Addresses

PC646

depending on the chipset of your wireless card you dont even need to use another app to change your mac. in the wireless adapters configuration section you can set the mac address to whatever you want. its usually listed as Network address or locally administered MAC address or simmilar depending on the wireless card and chipset, i know this works on all the atheros chipsets, ralink RT73, RT25xx chipsets, broadcom chipsets, and i think ( not totally sure) realtek chipsets, it works on my realtek gigabit nic anyways.

macchange.jpg

quizimg.png

i think hes only asking about windows. if you dont have one of those cards i mentioned earlier macmakup should work fine.

There is a way to do it on windows for all chipset, there was some utility i used before...

MacMakeup

http://www.gorlani.com/publicprj/macmakeup/macmakeup.asp

How do you know it works? Well, if you on a wifi hotspot and change your MAC you have to re-authorize. I.E. if you're at a hotel you have to 'agree' to the TOS again.

Say for instance you're stuck in some hotel in crap-hole town before a CON and you need to get some movies for movie night. ;)