Unhide hidden drives

messsy

OK. like a plonker ive used a tool called RatRescueCenter to check my start ups and a enable a few things on my laptop, in the advanced restrictions you can restrict a whole lot of things but at the bottom is an option to hide a drive, so ive hidden one of my partitions and the cdrom drive (like a twat) but i can not get them to show.

i have opened computer management, under storage my other drives are there but not the ones ive hidden

im hoping someone can help me with this as i need to format and cant without a cdrom :)

also the partition i hidden has ALL my files on,

This sounds like it will fix the problem

http://www.theeldergeek.com/show_hidden_de...ice_manager.htm

from website

[start] [Run] [Regedit]

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

Data Type: REG_SZ [string Value] // Value Name: DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES

Modify/Create the Value Name [DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES] according to the Value Data listed below.

Value Data: [1 = Show Devices / 0 = Hide Devices]

Exit Registry and Reboot

thanks guys got it sorted now, i downloaded a program called GetDataBack, it worked well but took some time.

i now have all my files back :) i will be noting the advice here and ill take a look at tweakUI for hiding drives