0 blocks available during pre jasager install

i have successfully flashed my fon+ with the gargoyle 1.0.0 b3 firmware, logged into the device to check http etc successfully.

changed the /usr/lib/ipkg/status to statusold

after webif installs i set it up to run instead of gargoyle... fine

i go to install ruby and dependencies and i get error... 0 available blocks 718 needed to install libruby

i have since reflashed with gargoyle again to see if that would clear things up but with no success

any direction would be appreciated

That error, as far as I know, means that the disk is full. This can happen even when it looks like there is still space because nothing is ever deleted, the allocation table is updated but the space can't be reused.

Are you copying the ipk files to /tmp or somewhere else? They should go in /tmp so they don't use disk space.

I've only seen it twice but both time I've been editing files directly on the disk, that was on a fon+ as well. I'm sure I've done more editing on my fon and never come up against that problem.

I just backed up and reflashed assuming I'd messed up.

I'm on openwrt 8.09 rc2 so it isn't a gargoyle thing.

maybe i can shine some light on this. i recently flashed my fon+ following excid3's guide. at first, i downloaded the ipk's myself online and got the error message that more blocks are needed to install some ipks. i got the error for the ruby packages and dependencies.

the problem was fixed by using some other source for the files. here is a link to the files i used. zip file includes pdf that i referenced, all the ipks that are needed to complete excid3's guide, and even the flashing utility, winscp (has my config ini but doesnt matter, its all just the default password and ip addresses). and putty.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u4r5m7

good luck and have fun.

maybe i can shine some light on this. i recently flashed my fon+ following excid3's guide. at first, i downloaded the ipk's myself online and got the error message that more blocks are needed to install some ipks. i got the error for the ruby packages and dependencies.

the problem was fixed by using some other source for the files. here is a link to the files i used. zip file includes pdf that i referenced, all the ipks that are needed to complete excid3's guide, and even the flashing utility, winscp (has my config ini but doesnt matter, its all just the default password and ip addresses). and putty.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u4r5m7

good luck and have fun.

this seems to have done the trick, however im now running into issues with configuring the interfaces with uci commit throwing an "error at line 4"

im going to post this in the other thread which seems to be an ongoing issue