wifi disrupter

gcninja

So I was watching L: Change the world, and to all whos seen it, you know in the end, he has the "disruptor that could crash the plane" its a little black box (one of those hobby boxes) if its possible to make one for regular wireless connections. a small portable thing. I have a wireless camera that actually does it when its on. what would i need to build one of these for wifi though? and does anybody have one of these they like to use?

finally is this legal before i begin, mainly because of fcc rules and all

So I was watching L: Change the world, and to all whos seen it, you know in the end, he has the "disruptor that could crash the plane" its a little black box (one of those hobby boxes) if its possible to make one for regular wireless connections. a small portable thing. I have a wireless camera that actually does it when its on. what would i need to build one of these for wifi though? and does anybody have one of these they like to use?

finally is this legal before i begin, mainly because of fcc rules and all

I'm not sure what you want but the only way to crash a plane with a little black box would be maybe some kind of EMP weapon although planes do have some shielding. If you want to knock out wifi I'm guessing you want a jammer, which are cheap enough to buy on ebay from China. You may need to mod it a bit to get better range. There is something called a Fon bomb which is made using a Fon but I tend to like jammers more as they do a better job.

http://fonerahacks.com/index.php/Tutorials...ess-Jammer.html

I'm not sure what you want but the only way to crash a plane with a little black box would be maybe some kind of EMP weapon although planes do have some shielding. If you want to knock out wifi I'm guessing you want a jammer, which are cheap enough to buy on ebay from China. You may need to mod it a bit to get better range. There is something called a Fon bomb which is made using a Fon but I tend to like jammers more as they do a better job.

http://fonerahacks.com/index.php/Tutorials...ess-Jammer.html

NO, god no. i dont want to crash a plane, i was just saying, the scene got me things, i was to jam a wifi signal, like in my home, but i was just wondering if one can be built, at home cheap, just for fun. and i dont really want to get into fons right now.

lol Why harm wifi, I say go for mobile phone's they are by far the single most annoying gadget. Build one and use it the next time you go to the movies (which will roughly be when the new Transformers or Terminator come out). XD

I laughed hard, leave the microwave door open while its running. That can't be safe.

Id say start looking into the technologies that are being used in mobile phone jammers and perhaps the components of these devices..the theory behind them etc.

Maybe there's other viable options out there that you can put together to produce a similar result for wifi.

Just a idea tho..i always find my wrt54g router running ddwrt always "drowns" out other wifi signals when im in close vicinity to it with my laptop....maybe a jammer could be created by simply running a FON and boosting its output????? just a thought really...

Things i found:

http://blog.itsecurityexpert.co.uk/2007/06...jamming_22.html

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/953946/how_t...uetooth_jammer/

A microwave with it's door open will disrupt loads of different devices military or other wise. With the added advantage of not only interfering with wireless communication, but also messing with the micro controllers on integrated circuits.

check this out. wavebubble

It's an advanced project, You will need to know a pcb factory, Or how to etch your own. Also connection the micro controller requires advanced (but bot impossible) soldering technique.

I almost built one of these in the day but then college decided that I don't deserve any spending money.

BTW that website has a few fun projects if your just getting into electronics. (minty Boost)