FreeNAS wont mount

Brennan

Neither of my drives wont mount. it says error. one is the drive with the os on it and the other is just blank, I did select the partion 2 for the drive with the os. anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Sorry to hear this, I hope you dont end up losing any data.

As for what you may be doing wrong, well there's a few things. Firstly you may want to post your question at the FreeNAS forum's as they may be more equipped to help. Secondly, you would need to provide some information about your setup (FreeNAS version, hardware type, drive configuration at the very least) and thirdly, you have provided no information on the actual error, "it says error." is not enough for anyone to be able to help you.

Again, sorry you are having problems.

Yeah mounting the drives with freeNAS is a bit off a sod, especially the one that has the UNIX operating system on it seeing as the drive number is a spacific one.

Now I cant remember how to do it off the top off my head seeing as it has been a while, however I found the PDF for it self explanatary and really usefully the last time I had to do it. http://www.freenas.org/downloads/docs/user...FreeNAS-SUG.pdf

Also once you get the drives working don't forget to turn on the CIFS/SAMBA option other wise your nix and windows boxes wont be able to access it.

Download and save a copy for future referce (trust me it comes in handy)

Sorry to hear this, I hope you dont end up losing any data.

As for what you may be doing wrong, well there's a few things. Firstly you may want to post your question at the FreeNAS forum's as they may be more equipped to help. Secondly, you would need to provide some information about your setup (FreeNAS version, hardware type, drive configuration at the very least) and thirdly, you have provided no information on the actual error, "it says error." is not enough for anyone to be able to help you.

Again, sorry you are having problems.

I don't get any details on the errors

vhoom.jpg

4ln0jp.jpg

its installed with full and the 80GB has the installation on it and the 200GB is just blank

I don't get any details on the errors

its installed with full and the 80GB has the installation on it and the 200GB is just blank

Yeah generally the error is due to an unsatisfactory mount point, I did a search of my book marks and came across this really good tut, I used this along with the pdf for setting mine up. Just unmount your shit and start again following this tutorial. http://dailycupoftech.com/configuring-disks-in-freenas/

Fuck its a pitty I don't have my documentation for my NAS config, I unfortunately lost it all when the hdd died, I really need to buy a new one.